DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Atlanta checking in...

I live in the Snellville/Grayson area and fly the Mavic Pro. It's a great drone and lots of fun to fly. The next challenge will be editing software. For those two or three that live close, let me attach a video that I did of Snellville.

Amazon Drive

Greetings from Marietta, GA! For editing software, I have taken a liking to Blackmagic Design's DaVinci Resolve. It's free!

I'm from Fayetteville... just south of Atlanta.. wouldn't mind meeting some more experienced flyers that could give me some tips and tricks.

In Midtown, waiting on my Mavic to arrive, but I also ardered a 3dr to tide me over. Definitely interested in a meetup.
Do you ever go to Piedmont Park, or know anybody that does? Only had my drone one month.

Cool. I'm in north Gwinnett near the river. have you found any decent places to fly? I find most places of interest have restrictions around here.
That's definitely the toughest part. I don't have many restrictions around here, but there isn't anything all that interesting to fly around either. I'm thinking about heading over to the Cumming Fairgrounds.

Thunderdrones is in the house. If anyone needs help with setup, flying lessons, tips, Litchi guidance, let me know. I usually meet people at Shorty Howell Park in Gwinnett of Pleasant Hill Rd on Sunday mornings, weather permitting.

For those of us who are Atlantaians:

FEDERAL AVIATION AD
MINISTRATION
HEADQUARTERS WASHINGTON, DC
SUPER BOWL LIII
FLIGHT ADVISORY
Notice:
At the request of the Department of Homeland Security, the Federal Aviation Administration
will establish airspace restrictions
affecting UAS ACTIVITY in effect January 31 to February 3, 2019
centered on Mercedes
-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, GA due to pre
-Supe
r Bowl and Super Bowl a
ctivity.
NOTAM
s will be issued depicting a Temporary Flight Restriction (TFR) implemented as follows:
UAS ACTIVITY:
Within 1NM and 1000 MSL around Mercedes
-Benz Stadium, Atlanta GA -
334518N / 0842436W (ATL
VOR 017 AT 7.8NM) ALL UAS AIRCRAFT FLIGHT OPERATIONS ARE PROHIBITED DURING THE
FOLLOWING TIMES.
January 31
, 2019
1000 to 2359 LOCAL (1901311500 to 1902010459 ZULU)
February 1
, 2019
1000 to 2359 LOCAL
(1902011500 to 1902020459 ZULU)
February 2
, 2019
to 2359 LOCAL
(1902021500 to 1902030459 ZULU)
February 3
, 2019
1000 to
LOCAL (1902031500 to 1902040459
ZULU)
UAS operators who do not comply with applicable airspace restrictions are warned that pursuant to 18
U.S.C. section 3056a, 10 U.S.C
. section 130i, and 6 U.S.C. section 121 (as amended), the department of
homeland security (DHS), united states secret service (USSS), and the department of defense (DOD)
may take security action that results in the interference, disruption, seizure, damag
ing, or destruction
of unmanned aircraft deemed to pose a credible safety or security threat to protected personnel,
facilities, or assets.
UAS operations are authorized within the defined SSI airspace if in compliance with the requirements
listed below
:
1)
The UAS flight operation has been pre
-approved by the
FAA System Operations Support Center
(SOSC) at 202
based on criteria established by the sponsoring federal agency in
coordination with the FAA; or
2)
If the UAS flight operation is conducted in direct support of an active national defense, homeland
security, law enforcement, firefighting, search and rescue, or disaster response
mission, and prior
notification has been provided to the designated facility contact; or
3)
If the UAS flight operation is
conducted in direct support of a significant and urgent governmental
interest and is approved by the FAA SOSC in advance of entering the defined SSI airspace; and
4)
The UAS flight operation complies with all other applicable federal aviation regulations.
The FAA recommends that all aircraft operators check NOTAMs OFTEN for mandatory airspace
restrictions prior to operations within this region. Specific instructions and restrictions are available at
Federal Aviation Administration - Graphic TFR's once the NOTAM has been issued.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose