DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Atlanta checking in...

Hello, Just got my Mavic on the 18th. Been flying a Typhoon H Pro for the last few months. Live in North Gwinnett County, and always looking for fellow pilots. Any recommendations for good places to fly in Gwinnett?

I'm also in Gwinnett. I've been looking for somewhere to fly. I've checked out a few parks so far. Shorty Howell is all ball fields. I was excited about flying in Alexander Park because it has a big open field and I've flown toy quads there. I pulled in and checked B4UFly. It's inside a class d airspace, I didn't bother getting out of the car.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I live in Dawsonville and I can get some sick sunrise and sunset views if anyone wants to come up to capture

Attachments

• IMG_0537.JPG
    IMG_0537.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0529.JPG
    IMG_0529.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: MavicMikeGA
Checking in from Conyers but I am frequently in the Athens, Marietta, McDonnough, Covington area. Basically, I'm all over the place. I'm in for a meetup whenever.

-Mike

Hello, Just got my Mavic on the 18th. Been flying a Typhoon H Pro for the last few months. Live in North Gwinnett County, and always looking for fellow pilots. Any recommendations for good places to fly in Gwinnett?
I know of a huge park in Forsyth called Fowler park. It has skate park and much more. Ive flown there several times

Checking in form Woodstock. I've had a couple drones before, but the Mavic is my first serious one, and I'm loving it! Always looking for great places to fly.

Reactions: Davzone and Nate107
Union City checking in.. Flying mostly in Fayetteville and places south, as my home is (I believe) too close to Hartsfield Jackson to fly safely.

Does anybody want to meet up in/near douglasville to fly?

I flew a few days ago at a buddy's house in Douglasville. I let him take the stick and he fell in love so he will soon join the ranks hopefully.

Sent from [emoji211]

Curious if anyone has flown it in Piedmont Park? I noticed in the Phantom discussion board some Atlanta folks talking about flying at Piedmont Park early in the AM. I have a Mavic and that would be a neat place to fly. However, I work about a 1/2 mile from there and the B4UFly app shows tons of airports around the area (mostly corporate). Curious if anyone here has flown there?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I'm sure Piedmont is in a no fly zone, but it would be a nice place to capture the Atlanta skyline. Update if you do.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Mavic arrived last week, am looking for drone photography mentors to fly together with! Would be nice if we can organize something :)

Photography was the primary reason I got my drone. So far I've been impressed, we're obviously somewhat limited by the small optical sensor. What part of Atlanta are you in?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada