DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Atti mode going active on its own with adequate satellites. Any ideas?

ATTI is a specific flight mode though, and so the app should only be producing the warning when the AC reports it has gone into ATTI.
I suppose the AC may have gone into ATTI very briefly where it wasn't noticeable in behavior, but that should cancel any autonomous flight modes including RTH.
Other than the continuous Atti warning the AC is flying perfectly, no drift, responds to commands, RTH no issues.

I’ve already contacted DJ regarding my Atti issue, they told me to return the drone for analysis
I agree with @Kilrah. This appears to be a known bug that does not really affect flight or handling, and has now been reported. It would not be a quick turn-around if you sent it in.

I fired up my Mini 2 this morning just in my office to see if there were any additional firmware or software updates. I just let it over 1-2' off the ground. Inside after takeoff I usually switch to C mode, if that makes any difference, but every time I switched into C mode the voice announced "Atti Mode". Seems benign, though quite annoying.

i thought it is 1.2.1, i can't see what version is, i don't have iphone
This morning I updated to the 1.2.2 on the iPhone and that did the trick no more Atti mode

i did update it now, i did not fly yet but it seems to show more accurate the orientation now, without that offset of 90 degrees

Reactions: TDZHDTV
I updated the Mini 2's firmware and recalibrated the IMU this morning. I haven't flown it outdoors yet but what I experienced indoors I don't think it helped. Initially I think it gave me a false Atti announcement... then in mid flight it kicked into real Atti mode and I had to do an emergency landing because I could no longer control it well and was in a tight space. It almost crashed but I was able to get it down in a safe space before colliding with furniture.

It's common and normal for it to switch to ATTI indoors, doesn't indicate anything.

I updated the Mini 2's firmware and recalibrated the IMU this morning. I haven't flown it outdoors yet but what I experienced indoors I don't think it helped. Initially I think it gave me a false Atti announcement... then in mid flight it kicked into real Atti mode and I had to do an emergency landing because I could no longer control it well and was in a tight space. It almost crashed but I was able to get it down in a safe space before colliding with furniture.

Of course you will get atti mode indoors if the as there is no GPS indoors or am I missing something here?

Of course you will get atti mode indoors if the as there is no GPS indoors or am I missing something here?
Only that it didn’t start out that way. Is there a difference between “position mode” and atti mode?

Yes, position uses the GPS and downwards camera to hold position. If GPS isn't available (usually the case indoors) it uses the downwards camera. If that can't work either (poor lighting, reflections, not enough texture/contrast on the ground below) then it switches to ATTI. Indoors it may flip back and forth frequently when it loses tracking of the ground.

I get ATTI mode warning when press RTH since recent firmware updates even though its not actually in this mode .MA2 .
its a DJI bug most certainly

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo