DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Atti mode

Chadnovz

Reactions
Hey guys. I was flying my mavic in an open park today. Perfect day to fly. When i switched to sport mode this happened (please see picture)
6d3c7dd02cff87d3b3a735c6a12eae4f.jpg

This happened twice as well. On my phone it said check app. Good thing i didnt fly it really far. Just landed it on the soccer field. How do you handle this kind of mid air problem?

You handled it just like you did and land it.
You may try flying in a different place and see if it does the same. There may be some kind of interference there.
If it does the same in a different place it looks like you need to calibrate the IMU.
Not really enough info to tell for sure.

Reactions: Chadnovz
Its weird that it said "weak GPS signal" as its an open area. No obstructions or anything like that

You handled it just like you did and land it.
You may try flying in a different place and see if it does the same. There may be some kind of interference there.
If it does the same in a different place it looks like you need to calibrate the IMU.
Not really enough info to tell for sure.

Might be mike. I was getting those messages in the pAst about magnetic interference. I will try to fly it elsewhere with sport mode

A few things..
Do you compass dance before each flight?
Does this only happen in sports mode?
Can you check if your 2nd compass is working?

I know on sports mode, the compass can skitz out due to the angle of the mavic. The back motors somehow get into a position that causes interference with the compass. On the early firmwares, the redundancy compass would kick in when you full tilt on sports mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan