DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ATTI-Mode

TTP

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Flies more or less every day, always for a while in ATTI-Mode.

Feel free to exchange good advice for flying M2P in ATTI-Mode.

Reactions: Romulus Archibald
I am personally not Fan of ATTI mode since I like the drone be lock by gps. When i have no options indoors then i fly ATTI.

Having in R/C Airplanes and Helicopters for over 20 years ATTI is a normal but GPS lock make me lazy. I like it. LOL.

I usually fly my M2P with SC.

As soon as I feel that I am losing control in ATTI-Mode, I move the manual T-P-S switch to T-Mode, done in an instant.

I have changed my S-Mode to ATTI-Mode, as S-Mode and ATTI-Mode are very similar in behavior, except that the Drone does not hover in ATTI-Mode but continues to drift with the wind when you release the joystick.

I do not want to be without T-Mode, see that many have changed T-Mode to ATTI-Mode.

As soon as I feel that I am losing control in ATTI-Mode, I move the manual T-P-S switch to T-Mode, done in an instant.

I have changed my S-Mode to ATTI-Mode, as S-Mode and ATTI-Mode are very similar in behavior, except that the Drone does not hover in ATTI-Mode but continues to drift with the wind when you release the joystick.

I do not want to be without T-Mode, see that many have changed T-Mode to ATTI-Mode.
Never ever use T mode so that’s why I put Atti there.

I used to fly my Phantom in ATTI mode a lot because that was about all I thought I could do with it. It was way to big to pack around ...plus..I think that is where the absolute LOS rule came from..not only could I see my drone but so could everyone else in the neighborhood so I usually stayed in the backyard and practiced landing in the wind. My little Spark set me free and I've never ever missed ATTI mode again.

I have changed my S-Mode to ATTI-Mode .....

I myself wont do it because if the wind suddenly picks up, the craft may not be able to get back with the attitude restriction of P mode.

as S-Mode and ATTI-Mode are very similar in behavior, except that the Drone does not hover in ATTI-Mode but continues to drift with the wind when you release the joystick.

S mode is in no way similar to ATTI mode because you do not have GPS position in the latter. The craft will drift at all time, not just in hovering.

Last edited:
Reactions: kidroc
I myself wont do it because if the wind suddenly picks up, the craft may not be able to get back with the attitude restriction of P mode.

S mode is in no way similar to ATTI mode because you do not have GPS position in the latter. The craft will drift at all time, not just in hovering.

That is exactly what I write in my post.

Good day, can you please explain, how you manage to change sport mode to Atti mode,

I surged the internet, Got some info (download version 1.1.2)

But don’t mage to load that on the 2 Pro (2 Pro is on latest version)

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!

Good day, can you please explain, how you manage to change sport mode to Atti mode,

Don't quote me on this but I think if your on latest firmware on M2P you can't do it any longer. I am not sure if you had done it prior with the 1.1.2 Asst. 2 software if it does hold and aircraft can then be brought to current. Again all speculation. As now I believe the Asst. 2 old software will not detect the new aircraft firmware, and thus the name change of Asst. 2 for Mavic. to get all communicating.

On the above question as to using the "S" mode as the Atti toggle. Speed is equal to Sport so even in high wind nothing would change. In the event of needing RTH, it still works in Atti mode. If engaged aircraft will orient to home but fly home at a reduced speed. IF the wind was higher than can be sustained (highly doubtful) then one simply cancels RTH and goes full forward right stick (mode 2). :)

Reactions: TTP
You do not load V1.1.2 on the drone, you just

You download V1.1.2 to your Windows computer, then use that version to change the parameters of the current firmware in M2P.

There are descriptions on Mavic.Pilots how to do, I modified the file main.js so that Windows 10 reacted when I wanted to change the parameters.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rle