DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Attitude Indicator??

OMM, I just posted a question about if latest version of DJI Fly (I'm a MM flyer) will have the attude indicator. Any clarity would be great. I think a lot of people are talking about the GO4 indicator. Thanks.
@journo the original indicator in the fly app in the center of the screen ,was at best rather hit and miss
i never bothered with it just used the map to orientate my drones direction
it appears that in the latest APP update ,the indicator has been replaced by something similar to the original one in the GO4 APP i have downloaded the update ,but have yet to fly with it here ,because of the weather ,and the lockdown restrictions

Reactions: journo and A.O.
@journo the original indicator in the fly app in the center of the screen ,was at best rather hit and miss
i never bothered with it just used the map to orientate my drones direction
it appears that in the latest APP update ,the indicator has been replaced by something similar to the original one in the GO4 APP i have downloaded the update ,but have yet to fly with it here ,because of the weather ,and the lockdown restrictions
And to me the "new style" one is worthless, the last three times I've been out flying I've been doing what you were saying, I don't bother to use it and just use the map for orientation if I need it. I'm getting used to doing it this way.

Reactions: old man mavic
And to me the "new style" one is worthless,
Just take it a short distance away, hover, and flick thru the maps. The attitude indicator shows pitch and bank along with other info. the pitch is not so helpful but the bank will show how much the aircraft has to bank to remain in position or on track. That's very useful as it could show the wind direction aloft is different from what you expected from the direction on the ground. Find the map that shows the red line. That red line is the direct route home and all you have to do is manuever the drone to line up with that line....very easy to do . tapping thru the maps can sometimes take more than one tap.
I like the attitude indicator (artificial horizon) although I would hate to have to use one that small and jumpy during instrument flight.

Reactions: journo
Just take it a short distance away, hover, and flick thru the maps. The attitude indicator shows pitch and bank along with other info. the pitch is not so helpful but the bank will show how much the aircraft has to bank to remain in position or on track. That's very useful as it could show the wind direction aloft is different from what you expected from the direction on the ground. Find the map that shows the red line. That red line is the direct route home and all you have to do is manuever the drone to line up with that line....very easy to do . tapping thru the maps can sometimes take more than one tap.
I like the attitude indicator (artificial horizon) although I would hate to have to use one that small and jumpy during instrument flight.
Yes, that is the way I do it now that they have removed the good indicator, the map also will show me the orientation of the drone. And its one tap to go to map, and one tap to return to live screen.

I actually just side loaded the 1.2.2 apk on my s20 ultra instead of waiting for it to come out on the google play store... I actually really like this feature, its easy to toggle back and forth between the map and I never used the indicator because I didn't trust its accuracy. As long as this accuracy holds up and it seemed to in a short test flight im gona use this more...

Also, this further proves that the fly app is the future app for the Mavic 3.
DJI has a long way to go before Fly is ready for prime time.

When they split Go into 2 versions, one for legacy other for newer, it was still Go with all it's features.
Fly was stripped down in function and UI. That might have been OK for the Mini, but is a downgrade for the MA2 when you consider Go being used for MA1.

DJI can't even get the text and icons easily readable. It's as if the developers don't regularly use their products.

Reactions: MA2 317
DJI has a long way to go before Fly is ready for prime time.

When they split Go into 2 versions, one for legacy other for newer, it was still Go with all it's features.
Fly was stripped down in function and UI. That might have been OK for the Mini, but is a downgrade for the MA2 when you consider Go being used for MA1.

DJI can't even get the text and icons easily readable. It's as if the developers don't regularly use their products.
I agree, but will say its never easy leaving a legacy platform and small steps make it happen and that's what i am betting they are doing.

New AI in Fly App a big improvement and seems more accurate. The old one was junk and unreliable. Kudos to DJI. Almost a real aircraft AI. Not quite.

Reactions: MM2
I agree, but will say its never easy leaving a legacy platform and small steps make it happen and that's what i am betting they are doing.
After a year it should be complete.

I wish they would bring back the battery charge timeline. You could easily see where you were in your charge level, how close to RTH and forced landing without having to click on anything.

GO shows you not only barometric altitude, but also VPS altitude when in range. When not in range, it showed you RC distance.
If you're using a large enough tablet, both the map and the attitude indicator show at the same time.
You can actually read the telemetry and other OSD.

I could go on and on just with the screen information, there's still the settings.

I too was involved in the transition from an old software platform with long history and relatively large customer base to new software. It was definitely a struggle, but had to be done. I also think DJI is in similar transition.

Matter of opinion I guess :cool:

Reactions: A.O.
I equate camera flying to a pilot sitting in the cockpit and looking straight forward and never doing a visual scan. It is the one thing I always disliked about flight sims. The difficulty of making a 360 scan in addition to the instrument scan.
Try Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020....I am thoroughly enjoying it.

One indicator served a purpose, one does not.. nothing else to read in to it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu