DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Audio recording

Giladwashere

Reactions
Hi,
I looked in the forum but didn't find an answer, so I apologize if I'm repeating a question.
I'm not super tech savvy, but as I understand, each video is recorded in 2 places. The first, which is a higher quality video, is recorded on the SD card which is in the drone. Those are the files I've been saving.
I noticed a video file is also saved on my Android which I use in the controller, and that those files are smaller. So after backing up the SD card - I deleted the files from the phone.
However I had just noticed that the phone files include audio picked up from my phone, which is a nice touch.
What do you guys do? Is there an intelligent way to use the higher quality video from the drone, while still saving the audio from the controller, without having duplicate large files?

Cheers in advance,
G.

I'm not 100% clear on your question. The audio files are can be used in an editor with the video files from the SD card. You'd need to match them up manually in a video editor.

If you want even better audio get a small lapel mic and run it into your phone. What I do is clap in front of the mic while the drone is flying and recording where it can see me. I then (as @tcope suggests) put all the files into an editor, line them up to the clap and then edit away the low-res video. The only problem I've run into is that the MP is loud enough to hear on the audio and sometime's I'll have to go back and over dub it to get rid of the prop noise.

I'm not 100% clear on your question. The audio files are can be used in an editor with the video files from the SD card. You'd need to match them up manually in a video editor.
Problem I’ve found is you can’t transfer the audio files from the DJI app on the phone. You’ve got audio in the cache, but I can’t extract them. Once you transfer the audio/video file to your device photoroll, the audio magically disappears. Funny thing is, it worked prior to the latest firmware and app updates.

I did not know that MP can record audio ...?!??

Please explain, thank you.

The MP can't but GO 4 can. If you cache your screen view from GO 4 it will capture an audio track from your phone/tablet audio input. The various files can then be combined in the editor of your choice with the result that you can have hi-res video accompanied by swearing as the M approaches an obstacle. :)

The MP can't but GO 4 can. If you cache your screen view from GO 4 it will capture an audio track from your phone/tablet audio input. The various files can then be combined in the editor of your choice with the result that you can have hi-res video accompanied by swearing as the M approaches an obstacle. :)
Have you tried saving and transferring audio since the latest updates?

Have you tried saving and transferring audio since the latest updates?

I have not. I'm current on GO 4 but a couple of releases back on MP and controller updates. I mostly fly with Drone Harmony when I'm recording and I use a separate recorder for audio on those shots.

Is it not working with .300 update?
If I go into the app it indicates 01.04.3084 which I updated last weekend.
Firmware is 4.2.6, the latest.
When I bought the MP at Christmas I could download the cache to the photoroll to my iPhone or iPad depending on which I connected to the controller. The sound was on the photoroll, so I could then transfer it to my PC and stitch the sound into my Cyberlink video program, which is using HQ video from the MP SD card. Since various updates since then, I no longer have sound on the photoroll, but still have sound on the cache, which of course is useless because I can’t use the sound.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121