DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Australia's Ochre Hills

christangey

Reactions
Site
www.alicespringsfilmtv.com.au
Colorful remnants of an ancient sea bed, this eroded geology is commonly known as "Breakaway country" and extends for 750km from South of Coober Pedy South Australia to just south of Alice Springs in the Northern Territory. This is a very delicate
environment so access is only to a dirt airstrip nearby operated from the nearby tiny town of William Creek.

Colorful remnants of an ancient sea bed, this eroded geology is commonly known as "Breakaway country" and extends for 750km from South of Coober Pedy South Australia to just south of Alice Springs in the Northern Territory. This is a very delicate
environment so access is only to a dirt airstrip nearby operated from the nearby tiny town of William Creek.

Stunning scenery - great work!

Reactions: christangey
**** fine video Chris. You're a real pro! it looks so much like an alien world. The video is very sharp. I don't know if you set it that way in the camera or sharpened it in editing but I like it. It adds to the otherworldly quality of the video subject matter. Keep 'em, coming brother, you are helping us all learn from your skill.

**** fine video Chris. You're a real pro! it looks so much like an alien world. The video is very sharp. I don't know if you set it that way in the camera or sharpened it in editing but I like it. It adds to the otherworldly quality of the video subject matter. Keep 'em, coming brother, you are helping us all learn from your skill.
Thanks a lot Dave, actually I don't always sharpen in post but as I was unable to hit the sweet spot of f4 on the first run (for reasons I won't go into) I felt those shots could benefit with a very slight sharpening in FCPX (1.2 on the sharpen filter) I stress it is very subtle or you start to move into a "cheap" look in the image. Glad you noticed!

Lovely sights!

Thanks a lot Dave, actually I don't always sharpen in post but as I was unable to hit the sweet spot of f4 on the first run (for reasons I won't go into) I felt those shots could benefit with a very slight sharpening in FCPX (1.2 on the sharpen filter) I stress it is very subtle or you start to move into a "cheap" look in the image. Glad you noticed!
Totally agree Chris. Sharpening is a double edge sword but you did use it well my young Jedi!

Beautiful desolation and solitude. Nice flying.

Thanks for sharing. What a stunning landscape. You captured it very well. It must take a lot of patience to wait for golden hour sunset.
Thanks Macfawlty, yes there was certainly some planning in our timings. The main issue was staying as long as possible while still allowing the pilot to legally fly back before nightfall.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose