DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autel soon to compete with DJIs Mini and Air2S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Autel do a lot of firmware updates?

So, having a LAANC authorization overridden by DJI GeoFencing is a no-go? I'll follow the FAA method, if I get a LAANC authorization I'm good to go despite what DJI's system does.
I agree with you. DJI’s method of unlocking seems to be the the biggest thing that they need to work on…hardware, not as much.

Reactions: db4476
I really think Autel is about to be a serious condender in the drone market. Their systems are going to outperform or match DJI. The AUTEL EVO 3 series drones will out pace the DJI 3 series. This is what I believe anyway. Their lack of geofencing restrictions is a big factor in many drone buyers decision making. In the USA this geofencing lockout isn't necessary. Our regulators probably don't care if a drone manufacturer locks a user out or not. LAANC is adequate.

Yeah fly where you aren’t supposed to. Proud of all of ya ?
That is not what he said at all - he said he has LAANC Authorization, there are plenty of geofenced areas DJI has sometimes with no good reason (like an abandon airport) that is geofenced. This would be my specific reason for a Autel next time around. Another is height restriction AGL from your take off point. We have towers around here that could be inspected by an Autel, but not by a DJI bird - they are over 500 meters high.

Reactions: Corsair415
That is not what he said at all - he said he has LAANC Authorization, there are plenty of geofenced areas DJI has sometimes with no good reason (like an abandon airport) that is geofenced. This would be my specific reason for a Autel next time around. Another is height restriction AGL from your take off point. We have towers around here that could be inspected by an Autel, but not by a DJI bird - they are over 500 meters high.
Autel forum here Autel Drone Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szost557