DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Authentication question

mallga00

Reactions
I have a Mavic Mini and I was testing my VLOS ability by flying straight up and I received a message about authority to fly. I think this is due to a new release of software, as I have not seen this message prior to yesterday after an update was put on my app. FYI in the app that displays no fly zones (the name escapes me), I am CLOSE to a no fly zone but not in one. Anyway, to my question....

When I took off it wanted me to enter a code that was sent to my phone. I typed the code in and it said not logged in. THAT is my question, What am I supposed to be logged into... not sure if I need another app for my phone. Sorry if this question is silly.... you can probably tell, I am a rookie. Thanks for any insight you may provide!

You need to be logged in to your DJI account.
Thank you for the information. Could you tell me the website or APP I need to be logged into? At this point I have the DJI FLY app on my phone. DO I need something else? Thank you.

OK, so now I feel really stupid. When I go to fly, I open the DJI FLY app on my phone. I do not see any place to 'login'. I thought opening the app is being logged in? FYI I am an I.T. professional for over 20 years so this should not be to difficult for me to grasp. Thanks for any additional guidance you may provide.

OK, so now I feel really stupid. When I go to fly, I open the DJI FLY app on my phone. I do not see any place to 'login'. I thought opening the app is being logged in? FYI I am an I.T. professional for over 20 years so this should not be to difficult for me to grasp. Thanks for any additional guidance you may provide.
Profile » Log In

So I thought I would be smart and uninstall and re-install the DJI fly app while I waited for help. I have an android phone and the FLY app is not in the play store after I uninstalled it. Help please!

So I thought I would be smart and uninstall and re-install the DJI fly app while I waited for help. I have an android phone and the FLY app is not in the play store after I uninstalled it. Help please!

On Android, you need to download the DJI Fly APK directly from DJI's website, as the app isn't in the playstore anymore. Once you have it installed, it will offer to self-update in the future.

On Android, you need to download the DJI Fly APK directly from DJI's website, as the app isn't in the playstore anymore. Once you have it installed, it will offer to self-update in the future.

To add to this, you'll have to go into the Android settings and allow the phone to install apps from outside sources. It may prompt that when you first try to install it. Know that it is a trusted source even though the warning tries to scare you.

Reactions: mallga00
I have a Mavic Mini and I was testing my VLOS ability by flying straight up and I received a message about authority to fly. I think this is due to a new release of software, as I have not seen this message prior to yesterday after an update was put on my app. FYI in the app that displays no fly zones (the name escapes me), I am CLOSE to a no fly zone but not in one. Anyway, to my question....

When I took off it wanted me to enter a code that was sent to my phone. I typed the code in and it said not logged in. THAT is my question, What am I supposed to be logged into... not sure if I need another app for my phone. Sorry if this question is silly.... you can probably tell, I am a rookie. Thanks for any insight you may provide!
I had the same issue with the SC changed birds and it said log-in again! Problem no internet to confirm!
Whole trip a waste Thanks DJI :(

I had the same issue with the SC changed birds and it said log-in again! Problem no internet to confirm!
Whole trip a waste Thanks DJI :(
Has always been a thing to be logged in or your severely restricted to fly. Simple process to log in when you have wi-fi or cell service and LEAVE IT logged in.

Last FlyApp update logged me out for some reason and got the restrictive flight. Since I was within wi-fi range - simple log in fixed the issue.

I wish it was that simple. I have a similar problem using my android phone. I can log in from my PC or iPad, and use the iPad to fly. When I try logging in to DJI.com from the android I can't. It won't accept my log in information. FRUSTRATION!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun