DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Authorization Zone

7of9trek

Reactions
I won’t fly in this zone obviously but I’m soo close to it. If the Mavic mini goes into hover is there a way to bring it home?.. or does it hover an auto land at low battery?

Attachments

• 08355DC8-FFCD-4BDB-B819-8AB6D0ACDA73.png
    08355DC8-FFCD-4BDB-B819-8AB6D0ACDA73.png
    406.8 KB · Views: 49
this seems to have been the case with other drones when they find themselves in a NFZ whether the MM will do the same thing i cant answer

Per the screenshot that I posted it definitely stated it MAY hover.. I was just wondering if it could be piloted back.

If a drone, at least the MP or MZ, are caught in an NFZ when same becomes active the will land regardless of settings.

Entering low into an authorization zone I got a warning message in the app, but could still continue flying nonetheless. Someone mentioned that the drone would start auto-hover / auto-landing after 90 seconds in the unlocked zone. I'm not sure how long I actually stayed within the zone, but it might have been just under the minute-and-a-half, so I unfortunately cannot confirm one way or the other about any time limits. It won't let you launch from within an unlocked authorization zone, but seems that you can fly normally into and in one, for a brief moment at least.

Reactions: 7of9trek
Surely, during the autolanding, you still have lateral control, and can fly away from the NFZ or Authorization Zone, to recover full control.

Reactions: 7of9trek
Entering low into an authorization zone I got a warning message in the app, but could still continue flying nonetheless. Someone mentioned that the drone would start auto-hover / auto-landing after 90 seconds in the unlocked zone. I'm not sure how long I actually stayed within the zone, but it might have been just under the minute-and-a-half, so I unfortunately cannot confirm one way or the other about any time limits. It won't let you launch from within an unlocked authorization zone, but seems that you can fly normally into and in one, for a brief moment at least.
Did you mean locked authorization zone? If it is unlocked, you should be able to fly in that zone.

Did you mean locked authorization zone? If it is unlocked, you should be able to fly in that zone.
Yeah, it was a locked one - and not reflecting the local NFZ policies at all so I was unaware of it until I got the pop-up in the app. I could still continue flying for the short period I stayed in the zone, but when I later walked into it I could not launch the AC from within.

Yeah, it was a locked one - and not reflecting the local NFZ policies at all so I was unaware of it until I got the pop-up in the app. I could still continue flying for the short period I stayed in the zone, but when I later walked into it I could not launch the AC from within.
Yes, that is the workaround when trying to get aerial shots near a boundary. Launch just outside the boundary, and then fly towards the locked authorization zone at altitude, getting the shots you need while flying around and just within the zone, but ready to move away, as needed. At least that way you can get the drone in the air!

Reactions: DJake_2000
Just tried anew by getting near the locked authorization zone (still with "take-off permitted") and trying to fly into the zone at various altitudes between 5 - 20 meters. Now it would not even let me enter the zone - instead it leveled the drone at the border or started automatic rolling or pitching along the zone edges. Pretty neat, but not what happened the first time :). Hopefully DJI will enable unlocking with the December update.

IF there's a December update.
Just tried anew by getting near the locked authorization zone (still with "take-off permitted") and trying to fly into the zone at various altitudes between 5 - 20 meters. Now it would not even let me enter the zone - instead it leveled the drone at the border or started automatic rolling or pitching along the zone edges. Pretty neat, but not what happened the first time :). Hopefully DJI will enable unlocking with the December update.

Reactions: DJake_2000
That's been the promise...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deauxpamine