DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Drone Industry is under attack again due to political ignorance. By Vic Moss. (If you own a DJI Drone you need to read this)

Surely the legislators you refer to are aware that the data security protocols you mention as being required already exist as a result of the first round of witch-hunting? Namely LDM (Local Data Mode), which is still right there.... built into the flight app (FLY and GO4) and can be activated in less than 5 seconds.
Add airplane mode on the flight screen device as the belt to the LDM braces and the drone, the controller and the screen device are a closed loop.

Reactions: The Droning Company
Surely the legislators you refer to are aware that the data security protocols you mention as being required already exist as a result of the first round of witch-hunting? Namely LDM (Local Data Mode), which is still right there.... built into the flight app (FLY and GO4) and can be activated in less than 5 seconds.
Add airplane mode on the flight screen device as the belt to the LDM braces and the drone, the controller and the screen device are a closed loop.
They probably have no such awareness of anything drone-related.
Neither do they really care about pesky facts and details.
That's not what this is about.

Stefanik wants to be VP, so she sees opposition to "Chinese drones" as a feather in her cap!

I think you missed a fourth point and that is enriching the CCP with American dollars whether it's from private citizens like you and me, or the government.

In case you haven't noticed Xi Jinping is building China's military and has already threatened those who are not aligned with the CCP's goals.

As a private citizen and Navy veteran I would prefer not to enrich the CCP's coffers.

I think you missed a fourth point and that is enriching the CCP with American dollars whether it's from private citizens like you and me, or the government.

In case you haven't noticed Xi Jinping is building China's military and has already threatened those who are not aligned with the CCP's goals.

As a private citizen and Navy veteran I would prefer not to enrich the CCP's coffers.
As much as I'd like to agree with you, unfortunately this is not the case. This is about the fact that DJI drones are way better than anything made in the U.S. and companies like Skydio who make drones that cost 3 times the amount and are nowhere near the same standard are spending huge amounts of money lobbying the US government to ban them. What they should be doing is winning with the tech, not trying to hobble the competition with shady backroom deals.

The CCP can get more info from the phones we all carry that are made in China than they can from a drone which is limited in where it can fly and a phone is switched on nearly 24 hours a day. The CCP also makes more money from American manufacturers that have their products manufactured over there than it ever will selling drones to the USA and frankly there are a lot of companies over here that would go out of business if this practice were to be discontinued. What should be a smooth symbiotic relationship between the 2 counties is slowly being destroyed by what I call a lack of effective diplomacy by the last 2 U.S. administrations

The 4th point is a canard.
Some of the American companies that are manufacturing in China are12:
  • Apple, which produces iPhones and iPads in China
  • Nike, which makes shoes and apparel in China
  • Gap, which sources clothing from China
  • Walmart, which imports goods from China
  • L.L.Bean, which manufactures some of its products in China
  • Levi Strauss & Co., which produces jeans and other clothing in China
  • New Balance, which makes some of its sneakers in China
  • Radio Flyer, which makes its iconic red wagons in China
  • American Girl Dolls, which are assembled in China
  • Chuck Taylor All Star, which are made by Converse, a subsidiary of Nike, in China
I seriously doubt the drone market is a substantial chunk of that market.

They probably have no such awareness of anything drone-related.
Neither do they really care about pesky facts and details.
That's not what this is about.
It's all about vast quantiles of lobbyist money going into certain congressthings personal bank accounts.

So I'm guessing you are writing this on a 1980's Zenith laptop?
Since any electronic device made after that is pretty much 100% made in china.....
You certainly wouldn't be writing it from a cellular phone, since there wasn't even one of those not made 100% in china.

Stefanik wants to be VP, so she sees opposition to "Chinese drones" as a feather in her cap!
Stephanik’s advisor is a former Skydio exec. The security issues are hyperbole to do little more that advance corporate protectionism. Chinese satellites do the effective spying, not the drones.

The US gov’t and manufacturers willingly turned over everything to the Chinese. And they are still trying to do that with certain market segments. Then they complain the Chinese are controlling the supply chain and everything else. Poor decisions made by US are biting us in the behind, and our officials are doing and saying anything to cover their behinds.

You know what you never hear about? An American politician being concerned about their made in China cell phone spying on them, and their constituents. The hypocrisy is astounding.

Do you have a cell phone, a computer, a television, the clothes you are wearing, etc, etc.. better get rid of them right now. They are all made in China.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrispmooney