DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Auto descent after altitude climb issue.

sparky1111

Reactions
Help! I understand the tap to cancel bit but today I was at an altitude and the aircraft warned battery low auto landing.
The problem was the auto descent speed is too slow and I wanted to drop quickly in sport mode.
The softwares calc were correct but had I landed in sport+ I would of had plenty of battery.
So my question is how do I cancel the forced landing?
There is a red button with a cross in but it had no effect. It was like the software was saying I know better than u but it was wrong with MY CALCS if you know what I mean.
Thanks guys.

If you're below critical battery percentage set at in the software, you cannot stop forced landing. You can slow its descent and maneuver the bird laterally to a safe spot to land, but you can't cancel. You shouldn't wait to critical point. You should bring it down/home sooner. I guess you could set your critical batt as low as possible, but you may already be set at the lowest setting. I hope that makes sense.

EDIT: I may not know what you mean by "calcs". You may be talking about the non-DJI battery "settings" for all I know.

Reactions: Rogat19
If you're below critical battery percentage set at in the software, you cannot stop forced landing. You can slow its descent and maneuver the bird laterally to a safe spot to land, but you can't cancel. You shouldn't wait to critical point. You should bring it down/home sooner. I guess you could set your critical batt as low as possible, but you may already be set at the lowest setting. I hope that makes sense.

EDIT: I may not know what you mean by "calcs". You may be talking about the non-DJI battery "settings" for all I know.
The battery was at 60% but with a faster descent speed I could easily stayed in the air longer.
Descent speed in sport + is 15mph but auto land is 8mph so HALF the time.
I actually considered the CSC command to drop altitude and then to restart.
However I don't want to debate the CSC command I just want to stop this auto land.

Thanks.

If you've removed the 500M limit, you can't cancel the auto landing if the Mavic thinks you've flown too high and it would take the remaining battery to get you back down. Your best move is to disable the Mavic's battery monitoring entirely by changing to the Non-DJI battery option. When that's done, there won't be any more battery notifications from the Mavic and you are entirely on your own for when to bring the Mavic back, just like a normal RC aircraft.

Reactions: sparky1111
Thanks. Just the answer.
sparky it happened to me as well the 1st time I tried.. but I believe you need to start looking for more information somewhere else, if you don't know where you might start from my site ;)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom