DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Auto landing @250 feet

sprtbkrydr

Reactions
Every time I try to takeoff with the external battery attached the Drone auto lands each time it reaches 250 feet. Works fine without the battery attached. I'm just wondering if the smart battery function has to be disabled in the menu before it will work correctly. Anyone know?

Do you think it could be the top sensor causing it?

It is possible! Do you have a picture of your setup? I was flying a couple of weeks ago with something mounted to the top, and it did the same thing. The way the sensors went off, you would have thought there was an air raid!

It looks like your setup is covering the sensor which is probably why it's seeing an obstruction, by the time it reaches an altitude sensing kicks in. If you turn off obstacle sensing maybe better results. Is my opinion or rethink your setup.

Last edited:
Reactions: sprtbkrydr
It looks like your setup is covering the sensor with is probably why it's seeing an obstruction by the time it reaches an altitude sensing kicks in. If you turn off obstacle sensing maybe better results.Is my opinion or rethink your setup.
Well I tried turning off the smart battery function in the menu and that seemed to fix it. I'll cruise it around here close until I feel like its not gonna auto land somewhere. Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: Former Member
I hear yea, is your setup safe, I think there is a 3d printed double battery holder for your type of extended battery. does it work? independently or when the main battery depletes external one kicks in?

I wonder if that's a safety for possible manned aircraft collisions.
If above 250', you're in potential MAC territory. If top sensor sees proximity obstruction, probably a MAC. LAND!

• Haha
Reactions: sprtbkrydr
I don't know but I'll let you know Just as soon as I can get it to take off.
Hey sprtbkryder, have you had a chance to get your bird up for a run yet?
It would be nice to see you get on the leaderboard.
Let us know how it is going.

WOW
With all that extra weight, I'd be very surprised if you increase you flight time by more than 5 to 7 minutes or so while putting huge stresses on the whole system.
Also I believe you are covering up your GPS and compass.
Depending on your reasons for doing this, I'd be asking myself Is it really worth it.

Reactions: HighlandsVideo

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15