DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autofocus issue mini 3 pro

It may have been a faulty produce (it happens) or maybe placebo at work. But whichever it is, you're not ever going to get edges as sharp as the centre.
Exactly, that is to be expected from physics.
However, some examples showed particular softness, uneven distribution or even spots randomly or closer to the centre in the past.

There was something going on with the alignment of the sensor, the lens or both.
DJI mostly stated, it is within tolerance, but sometimes it was clearly visible not only by pixel peeping.

Luckily, this time around, I've got a good one in the first place.
And considered the compactness of this bird, I am still in awe - furthermore, by now, it seems, we don't have to worry with colour shifts or the green dot against the sun, the Mavic 3 has to tackle with.

Reactions: Bussty
My Mini 3 seems to sometimes get into a situation where it doesn't autofocus, and that is extremely annoying, since it is almost impossible to judge whether the image is properly sharp on the remote screen. Very disappointing to come home and find that the recordings are slightly out of focus (yes, I've checked the screen recording, and it showed AF all the time).

If I touch the screen, it seems to focus, so it really shouldn't be a hardware issue. Not sure if there is something I am doing to cause this to happen, but I don't think so.

My Mini 3 seems to sometimes get into a situation where it doesn't autofocus, and that is extremely annoying, since it is almost impossible to judge whether the image is properly sharp on the remote screen. Very disappointing to come home and find that the recordings are slightly out of focus (yes, I've checked the screen recording, and it showed AF all the time).

If I touch the screen, it seems to focus, so it really shouldn't be a hardware issue. Not sure if there is something I am doing to cause this to happen, but I don't think so.
Sometimes i have the same problem.Out of 15 photos, one or two will not be focused correctly ? You can see ot only when you zoom 1 or 2 times on my pc. Did you figure out what's wrong

Sometimes i have the same problem.Out of 15 photos, one or two will not be focused correctly ? You can see ot only when you zoom 1 or 2 times on my pc. Did you figure out what's wrong
No, not really. I try to remember to touch the screen on every flight to ensure at least one autofocus event to trigger. After that, it seems to usually manage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60