DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Automatic discharge of batteries?

45er

Reactions
I have had my MP platinum for several months now. I fly it once a week or more. I understand that you should store the batteries +/- 50% discharged for long periods. However, since I don't consider a week a "long period", I usually charge my three batteries (one OEM and two aftermarket) after each flight so they will be fully charged and ready to go the next time I want to fly. Last night I went to fly my drone and the OEM battery showed 46%. One of the aftermarket batteries showed 48%. This was after I put them up a week or so ago, fully charged. This presents a problem in my mind. Spontaneous drone flights will, I guess, be limited since these batteries don't seem to want to hold a charge for more than a week or so.

Is this common? Do they "auto discharge" after awhile in storage to preserve some quality/characteristic? Just wondering.

The batteries are set to auto discharge after 10 days by default. You can change that setting for each battery individually in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Battery-Time-To-Discharge.jpg

If you'd like your batteries to have a long life, you should keep them in this range as much as possible:

64475b96525f9d8739fa5f05d3920b25ccb60624_1_690x365.png

If being able to fly at any time is more important than the longevity of your batteries, then you can continue to charge them like you're doing now.

The batteries are set to auto discharge after 10 days by default. You can change that setting for each battery individually in the following section of DJI GO:

View attachment 56661

If you'd like your batteries to have a long life, you should keep them in this range as much as possible:

View attachment 56662

If being able to fly at any time is more important than the longevity of your batteries, then you can continue to charge them like you're doing now.
Excellent information. I have A BUNCH to learn!

I have left the discharge time at the 10 day default for my P3 (unchangeable for the M2), fully charged them after a flight or when I probably will fly and after 2 years, had only some degradation of flight time, but not that much.

I have left the discharge time at the 10 day default for my P3 (unchangeable for the M2), fully charged them after a flight or when I probably will fly and after 2 years, had only some degradation of flight time, but not that much.
If you keep a mpp in the car to use on a moment's notice
Is there a way to insure your battery(s) will be charged ?

Actually, to restart the clock you have to push the button twice. Once will show the current life but you must push again to turn the battery on if you want to restart the days to discharge.
That doesn’t seem to be the experience for most people- a single press to display charge level is enough to reset the timer. That is the case for my P3, 4 and Mavic 2P packs.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu