DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

automatic landing

lxv

Reactions
Why does my mavic pro zoom in altitude when i try to automatic land?

What do you mean by "zoom in altitude"?

Depends what your settings are ?

Assume you mean a Return to Home ??

when you do a return to home the drone will go to a preset height before it turns and flies back to the home point, i believe that this is set at 30mtrs when the app is first started ,it is possible to alter this setting in the app i have mine at 40mtrs to make sure it clears unseen tall trees etc , this feature will work if at the time you pressed RTH and the drone was at less than the preset height ,then it will climb to that height before it returns,if it is above the preset height then it will return at that height,

when you do a return to home the drone will go to a preset height before it turns and flies back to the home point, i believe that this is set at 30mtrs when the app is first started ,it is possible to alter this setting in the app i have mine at 40mtrs to make sure it clears unseen tall trees etc , this feature will work if at the time you pressed RTH and the drone was at less than the preset height ,then it will climb to that height before it returns,if it is above the preset height then it will return at that height,
Of note, one more comment; if you select RTH at an altitude above the RTH altitude you set, then the drone will RTH at that altitude and land from that altitude... for instance if you’re drone is at 200’ then it will return at 200’ and land from there. The RTH will be a direct path from it’s current location. Just something to know depending on potential obstacles or obstructions in your drones path.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki