DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autopilot App

jamiemink

Reactions
I'm quickly becoming a heavy user of Litchi and really like it so far. Noticed on a YouTube video that another autopilot software exists called "Autopilot." Anyone have first hand experience with it as compared to Litchi?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: TheWozFlies
302cf06517dd943e67f9a1b7a000a5a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I use Autopilot (AP), have not tried Litchi. Just two months experience with AP and love it. My flights are typically Waypoint or Zip Line. Try a short route to begin. Here is my first route. I was so nervous, I set my route and the "default preferred speed" to 2.8mph so I could walk along under the Mavic keeping constant LOS. :rolleyes:

AP is feature rich and I'm enjoying using it. You can "hide" layers of features while you gain experience using the Basic level. I immediately felt comfortable with Intermediate level. Now I'm looking more often at the Advanced level.

I use "hardware video decoding" as recommended with no overheating issues. Temps are cool in Oregon now. I use my iPad to layout/plan the flight and then sync to my iPhone 7+ to fly.

There are folks here on this great forum with years of experience with Litchi and AP. Reading their posts, I get the feeling AP has more feature depth. Good discussion here:
http://mavicpilots.com/threads/autopilot-app-question.7804/

Another way to learn is to google "Litchi vs Autopilot". Many hits on forums and Youtube!

Happy Flying brother!

Last edited:
Reactions: WindShear
Here is my first simple walk and watch route.
1st waypoint flight.png

Reactions: Soundtekk
I do run AP with .700 firmware. No issues.

Reactions: Skrems
I have given up on DJI Go app active track for Motocross tracking and now trying to figure out the AP. I like the AP Target feature but hoping zipline could be automatic (target mode but move back and forth along zipline automatically to get the closest shot). I have a iPhone 6S in a ruggedized case for airspace tracking ) and will try it over the next few days.

I am a vivid AP user. Done multiple flights. Don't use anything else for waypoint flights.
Zipline, Targetmode is handy.
Just started experimenting AirSpace too

Reactions: james brooke
I have given up on DJI Go app active track for Motocross tracking and now trying to figure out the AP. I like the AP Target feature but hoping zipline could be automatic (target mode but move back and forth along zipline automatically to get the closest shot). I have a iPhone 6S in a ruggedized case for airspace tracking ) and will try it over the next few days.
Try AirSpace....

I do the same :) Airspace will do the trick. Just give one ore more riders an Airspace object...

Because I assume you're not working on Peer to Peer but Network, you can just put your device in your pocket. No need to mount it on a RAM Mount

I use AP when I really want to tweak my waypoints, love the app. Having said that I will sometimes opt for FPV Camera; for when you want to set up a waypoint or poi quickly it is really slick.

I just went out to try zipline and unfortunately it still requires an operator to move it along the zipline. I was hoping for solo use mode where I set it to track me on the bike but limit it to the zipline. The reason for this is the motocross track is up against a steep hill on one side and power lines on the other. If in active track mode or airspace tracking it swings too far outside of the track when the bike does a fast switch back. Of course I can set a spot and do target but then I am too far away most of the time.
I was really hoping it could move east/west across the middle of the track automatically (limited to zipline) and pan/rotate the camera at the airspace or active track.
Seems like it should be simple - I'll request this.
Cheers.

Again, use AirSpace with an barometric device. Should work fine. You really need to see the Autopilot tutorials. All of them

Again, use AirSpace with an barometric device. Should work fine. You really need to see the Autopilot tutorials. All of them

Hi Oyibo - yes I understand the concept but I wasn't explaining the problem correctly. Using airspace track is great x,y and z but it is not the steep hills I'm riding up - they are next to the track. What happens is the bike heads right towards the hill (almost a cliff) at 30-40mph then an extremely quick whip around and racing away from the cliff at 30-40mph. The bike can perform the whip around U turn a lot faster than the mavic can. It carries too much momentum.
If it was limited to a small interior area or zipline then I could keep it inside the track and away from the outsides.
Cheers,
Steve

OK, got you now.
I think you have just ran into the limitations of the Mavic Pro.
For this kind of work, you'' need a drone with a 360 gimbal. Inspire 1, 2 or Yuneec Typhoon H.
And better would be a two pilot shot.
This becomes a little too professional for the Mavic. Don't forget it is still a (very expensive) toy

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChickenOverload