DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Avata Playground

I think the Avata is the drone that a lot of us wanted but got Mavics and Minis because it was either those or your standard cine-whoops. Did you buy the regular radio controller, or just using the "stick"?

Reactions: Kilrah
I think the Avata is the drone that a lot of us wanted but got Mavics and Minis because it was either those or your standard cine-whoops. Did you buy the regular radio controller, or just using the "stick"?
I just brought the Avata drone alone. I already have the larger FPV drone so I am using the Goggles V2 and the RC Controller used with it. I also have both the Mini 1 and Mini 2 but probably wont use them much anymore since the Avata can do so much more, including Cinematic flight. I would probably recommend the Avata to beginners over the mini drones if price is no object. It also is pretty much crash resistant and just a ton of fun to fly. I will still be using the larger FPV drone for its greater speed and ability in high winds, something the smaller Avata cannot match.

Reactions: Kilrah
That looks like fun!!

I think the video would feel more like FPV if the gimble was in FPV mode rather than follow mode (assuming they use the same terminology as the Mavics). Otherwise it seems like a regular camera drone just going really fast.

That looks like fun!!

I think the video would feel more like FPV if the gimble was in FPV mode rather than follow mode (assuming they use the same terminology as the Mavics). Otherwise it seems like a regular camera drone just going really fast.
Has 3 modes, no stabilization, Rock Steady and Horizon steady. The no stabilization is useful for Gyroflow an after program that can be used to do the same thing. I'm finding I think I like the video best in Rock steady, you get the actual turn banking angles and it looks more natural. If it is windy though I prefer Horizon steady because the drone tends to fly at an angle to correct for wind.

Reactions: maggior
I prefer Rock Steady for cinematic flight. Horizon Steady is fine for a straight line, short clip, that you place in the timeline. Just a preference. I like the video, thanks for sharing.

I have the Goggles 2 and it’s a bit of a struggle to get them where you can see all of the OSD clearly and see the center of the display. The V2 seems to be more able to provide this which is a shame because the new Goggles 2 display is higher resolution and lighter. I think you have the right set currently.

I prefer Rock Steady for cinematic flight. Horizon Steady is fine for a straight line, short clip, that you place in the timeline. Just a preference. I like the video, thanks for sharing.

I have the Goggles 2 and it’s a bit of a struggle to get them where you can see all of the OSD clearly and see the center of the display. The V2 seems to be more able to provide this which is a shame because the new Goggles 2 display is higher resolution and lighter. I think you have the right set currently.
Thanks, yeah I could not see spending twice as much cash to get the new goggles when the old ones are good enough. It seems like around half the folks with the new goggles like them but the other half prefer the old goggles. I've got 20 flights on the Avata now and I sort of prefer using Horizon steady. I actually like the FPV view more that Rock steady has but any slight wind or adjustment to the bank angle results in wobble that ruins the video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carlodifranco18