DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Avegant Glyph

Phillip Low

Reactions
In case anyone is interested: now use these exclusively when flying the Mavic Air with a Nexus Shield (HDMI source) and don't see any reason to try anything else. Are they perfect? No, they could be a little more comfortable and they are not truly immersive but the picture quality, brightness and complete lack of pixelation make them outstanding. It is truly like viewing a widescreen TV when flying; you can drop your eyes to view the tablet and make settings changes or lift your eyes to actually see the drone, then look straight ahead for the picture to be projected on your retinas (read technical reviews). I paid $173 new on eBay and are still available for less then $200. No I'm not wealthy, just a tech addict - beans every day really isn't that bad.

In case anyone is interested: now use these exclusively when flying the Mavic Air with a Nexus Shield (HDMI source) and don't see any reason to try anything else. Are they perfect? No, they could be a little more comfortable and they are not truly immersive but the picture quality, brightness and complete lack of pixelation make them outstanding. It is truly like viewing a widescreen TV when flying; you can drop your eyes to view the tablet and make settings changes or lift your eyes to actually see the drone, then look straight ahead for the picture to be projected on your retinas (read technical reviews). I paid $173 new on eBay and are still available for less then $200. No I'm not wealthy, just a tech addict - beans every day really isn't that bad.
They sound great!
Do you think the Avegant headset can be used with eyeglasses? I’m strongly nearsighted, so without corrective lenses, VLOS is ends at about 10 yards. For several reasons I’ve abandoned contact lenses (dry climate, dry eyes, etc.), so eyeglasses are necessary.

Reactions: rburton88
Wow! Good to know that! I was in the middle of studying this haven’t try it yet. Thanks for sharing!

Very attractive at that price point. Anyone know how well the HDMI to Android device adaptors work

Problem is they only work with a limited number of devices, there are web sites that list workable models.

Wow! That is a great price! I purchased them when they were triple that ammount :( I still use the Glyphs with my Mavic Pro and Nvidia Shield K1 and also have the DJi RE Goggles that came with the Mavic Zoom. I prefer the Glyphs over the DJi 's because I can still see my surroundings and I don't feel like I am going to get jumped, lol. The Dji RE are going for $450.

That's great to hear, because i have a brand new Avagant Glyphs in the box never used. I bought them thinking I'm going to do the FPV thing but it never happened...they sit under my bed. But if i were to utilize them i guess i might as well get a tablet with a hdmi port and use them before they are outdated and i will feel stupid for shelling out the cash for them...

Reactions: Graywolf
Hi,just bought a set of glyphs..using my note 8..and a HDMI to USB connection. Works fine..clip phone into remote side port..and get video to phone AND glyphs..They are far better than fatshark,AND I can still wear my glasses.. brilliant.By the way,I fly a mavic pro..

How do you connect them with an android tablet. Currently my Samsung tablet is connected to the controller via a mini to USB connector. Do you simply connect them to the mini port on the RC and leave everything else as is ?

How do you connect them with an android tablet. Currently my Samsung tablet is connected to the controller via a mini to USB connector. Do you simply connect them to the mini port on the RC and leave everything else as is ?

You need to use a tablet that has a hdmi plug in. The normal plug you use to charge the tablet with is not HDMi. When I was purchasing a tablet for the Glyphs, the best one out was Nvidia Shield K1 and I use it only for the mavic. When not in use it is stored in the box it came in :)

Wow, this thread intised me to dig under my bed and dig out my set of Avegant Glyphs.... Never used, I bought them on a wimb..I just ordered a lightning to hdmi connector. Maybe I will utilized them now...

You need to use a tablet that has a hdmi plug in. The normal plug you use to charge the tablet with is not HDMi. When I was purchasing a tablet for the Glyphs, the best one out was Nvidia Shield K1 and I use it only for the mavic. When not in use it is stored in the box it came in :)

PM sent

Very attractive at that price point. Anyone know how well the HDMI to Android device adaptors work
I use avegant glyph with samsung note 8..hdmi to usb c lead adaptor, works fine..no glitches,also when flying for more than 20 mins or so, i use, glyphs into nvidia shield, with mini hdmi adaptor, again works very well, basically plug and play, best fpv style goggles ive used..bit cumbersome, with earcans, but at least i can play music while flying if i get bored..!lol.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke