DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

B4UFLY and Aloft

funflyer

Reactions
Are they the same? If there is a difference, what is it? I am new and having a very difficult time getting approval to fly anywhere.

B4UFly is the official FAA app, that was fixed by Aloft under the supervision of the FAA.

Aloft is tied to B4UFly, so if you are in an area that you need LAANC, B4UFly will push you over to Aloft.

They are two separate apps, but are tied together for LAANC.

You can use each of the independent of each other. But B4UFly won't give you LAANC.

Reactions: db4476
I use B4UFly.com on my pc when flight planning, and Aloft on my phone for clearances.

You really only need Aloft - rather, you can get by with only using Aloft for clearances; but it can do several functions like preflight weather, current conditions, and tell you when you need a clearance, and allows you to request a LAANC clearance. And getting the clearance back on your phone is handy should anyone ask if you were cleared to fly.

But Aloft isn't as friendly for planning a flight away from where you are at. So B4Ufly is still quite useful. As is 1800WXbrief.com.

I use B4UFly.com on my pc when flight planning, and Aloft on my phone for clearances.

You really only need Aloft; it can do several functions like preflight weather, current conditions, and tell you when you need a clearance, and allows you to request a LAANC clearance.

But Aloft isn't as friendly for planning a flight away from where you are at. So B4Ufly is still quite useful.
For my office pre-flight work I use SkyWard. They let you pre-plan flight area.

For my office pre-flight work I use SkyWard. They let you pre-plan flight area.
Vic, I have never tried Skyward. B4Ufly is free ... lol - I like free ... and seems consumer non-pro focused (aka easy to use). I think Aloft has paid versions that do much of what Skyward probably does, too. Flight planning and drone and pilot log management, etc.; things Part 107 pilots hiring out can find useful. If I ever do get my 107 ticket, and ever do go back into the workforce from retirement, I'll have to do more research on tool sets.

Vic, I have never tried Skyward. B4Ufly is free ... lol - I like free ... and seems consumer non-pro focused (aka easy to use).
Skyward is free.

They provide a free 30 day trial: to my way of thinking, that is not FREE.

Try Skyward Free for 30 Days​

Capture.JPG

They provide a free 30 day trial: to my way of thinking, that is not FREE.

View attachment 135499
Hmm. It looks like they have changed to a pay platform. I guess I'm Grandfathered in. I've been using it for years, and I've never paid a dime.

Aloft would definitely be a better choice then.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk