DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Backpack

Edit 2: see photo a couple posts down. Also editing this post for brevity:

I find that the DJI bag is too cumbersome for my needs. First of all it's a tight squeeze. Second, with batteries in the side pockets, it's kind of bulky to stick in a back pack. Whenever I flew with it, I found myself bumbling around with the bag and having to pull stuff out and stuff it back in. No doubt I could be more efficient and logical in how I pack everything, but I've come up with an alternate solution.

I use a 64oz water bottle cozy:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01KA933Q8/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The Mavic slides in and out easily and I can throw the whole thing in my pack. The controller fits in the side pocket, but I keep the controller separate and easily accessible. Instead I use the pocket for 2 extra batteries. Sometimes, I just pack the Mavic and leave the spare batteries deeper in my pack.

I find my setup and breakdown time is much faster. I just pull Mavic out the bag without even removing the bag from my pack most of the time.

Edit: forgot to mention there is room for an iPhone 6 or 7 Plus.

Photo a couple posts down.

Last edited:
I agree that the DJI bag with the fly more bundle would not suit my needs. I'm looking at a bag that will allow me to provide the protection I want for the Mavic while letting me carry my usual items I would have in my day bag when I hike. This is what I'm looking at:

Custom Backpack Fits the DJI Mavic and Accessories

It is a little pricey but I'm more interested in protection and functionality than anything else.

Reactions: Rangerdave
Here is a picture (if I can upload this).

What you see here contains:
MavicPro
3 Batteries (one installed)
Extra props
Extra USB cables
SD cards
PolarPro Cinema and Shutter filters
- that's all 6 filters in their original cases
from Polar Pro
Neck strap for controller.
Mavic Manual
- yes I actually carry the manual
around with me.

IMG_1040.JPG

I agree that the DJI bag with the fly more bundle would not suit my needs. I'm looking at a bag that will allow me to provide the protection I want for the Mavic while letting me carry my usual items I would have in my day bag when I hike. This is what I'm looking at:

Custom Backpack Fits the DJI Mavic and Accessories

It is a little pricey but I'm more interested in protection and functionality than anything else.
That's cool, but I want to be able to stuff my Mavic in a pack with other stuff. See my posts above. My "bag to go inside a bigger bag" system works for my needs pretty well. Plenty of room for a DSLR or other gear in the pack. But Mavic gets a little extra protection in the bag, and the props don't get tangled up with my other gear when taking it out.

That's cool, but I want to be able to stuff my Mavic in a pack with other stuff. See my posts above. My "bag to go inside a bigger bag" system works for my needs pretty well. Plenty of room for a DSLR or other gear in the pack. But Mavic gets a little extra protection in the bag, and the props don't get tangled up with my other gear when taking it out.

I saw yours. I like that. I do have a Maxpedition sling bag that I could fit everything into if I wanted to cut it down to something smaller. I plan to fly often when I hike. I don't carry my DSLR with me when I'm hiking, but I can see where your option may be of some use if I was doing a multi-day hike. I may look into a setup like that also.

f93c23c24bc0a6978b4fba9872b89347.jpg

I use a Russian Doll setup with a Lowepro Tahoe 150 and love it. Holds all of my Mavic related stuff in one place(including a 75cm landing pad, iPad mini, etc). When I want to travel light I just grab the Fly More bag right out of it and put the batteries in the side pockets.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Bumping this back up as I'm in the market for a backpack.. The fly more case is just way to tight for me..

If anyone else has more opinions please share! Thanks!

LoPro 250. Perfect especially when you start adding accessories. $119 at Best Buy.

7956a86d9e418df6a9b23d24eb049909.jpg

65890738f552d720ae5190167a470406.jpg

That pack is nice.. Just way too much for me (I know $1,000+ should be worth it).. I like how you labeled the batteries.. Smart!

What are the yellow labeled things?

Lipo battery bags protect incase of battery explosions, they are useful for travelling.

What are those for? You have a ton of gear! Care to say what it all is for a rookie?

Thanks!

I don't know how to re-post a thread but search "How much have you spent on your Mavic" and there are lists of what people buy and how much.

I'm the OP so that will list what it all is.

You can spend as little or as much as you want. You don't need all this but I have a tendency to go all out.

By the way I still consider myself a rookie also. Only had since late April.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu