DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bad Battery cell value

HusT

Reactions
Hi everoney. Just went over my flight logs and found out that my new battery that has max 10 charges has faulty cell i guess. I didn't notice anything off during flight. Should i be worried? And i do take giod care of my batteries. What should i do?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200921-230742_Airdata UAV.jpg
    Screenshot_20200921-230742_Airdata UAV.jpg
    831.5 KB · Views: 42
Can't really do much if you have a faulty cell, when it does show up in DJI Fly as a major voltage deviation, the app will warn you.
You can keep flying until the DJI Fly prevents you from doing so.

Can't really do much if you have a faulty cell, does it show up in DJI Fly as a voltage deviation, if it does the app will eventually pick it up and warn you.
You can keep flying until the DJI Fly prevents you from doing so.
No i went and check when the drone is on. Says everything ok. Is it posbile to crash with this problem? Why doesent fly app see the problem? 20200922_003005.jpg

No i went and check when the drone is on. Says everything ok. Is it posbile to crash with this problem? Why doesent fly app see the problem? View attachment 113503

It's probably not seeing a major voltage deviation, according to it's tolerances.
All batteries get minor cell voltage deviations when operating.

Last edited:
these deviations are often just momentary due to the current draw from one cell compared to the others ,and will happen quite often during a particular flight
it is one of the things that i find airdata tend to be over fussy on, when it comes to battery information (just my opinion)
if you read the bottom comment in green it says all good no major deviations found

I think it's a bug in the AirData battery evaluation. All my batteries exhibit the same marginal visual readout, only on the last cell, even on brand new batteries, but state no problems observed, and I have had no issues with any of the batteries.

No i went and check when the drone is on. Says everything ok. Is it posbile to crash with this problem? Why doesent fly app see the problem?
Probably because there is no problem.
Go back and read the text in the green panel near the bottom of the Airdata report.
Rather than being alarmed by Airdata's way of presenting things, you can see the actual battery cell data by using this:

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmgde