DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

bad freind? or am I Bad???

All good- I have a sense of humor- if you couldn’t tell! I been legally def since grade school - in high tones! So my spelling has always sucked - AND getting worse in my old age and FAT fingers;-)
If it wasn't for spell check, most of us would be in bad shape, but don't always trust that either. Make sure to let him know you are photographing the neighbors house first, with their permission.

While it was genuinely WRONG for him to shoot down your UAS, put yourself into his perspective.... some random DRONE is obviously tracking you to take your picture... it's not just sort of in your direction but changing positions and in every position pointed "seemingly" (although in this case more than seemingly) directly at you. If you saw a person intentionally taking pictures of you from the ground walking around your dock/deck/yard/home to get your picture from different angles would it also not alarm you?

In this day and age that could be considered a very threatening maneuver and he OVER-reacted in a hostile/protective manner. Yes he was at fault but you also shoulder your fair share for being rude and irresponsible/inconsiderate.

What happens if he brings the seller to the project and still gets HALF of the commission?
The FAA, in a strict sense, considers your Drone to be an aircraft. Shooting at it resisters several felonys (providing you are in the US). Though Law Enforcement is not an enforcement arm for the FAA, shooting at an Aircraft and Discharging a firearm in an unsafe fashion are serious crimes.

Should you find you find yourself in a similar situation. Please consider removing yourself quickly from the area and contact law enforcement. No matter what you were doing with your Drone, the use of firearms is a level of escalation that requires immediate law enforcement intervention. God forbid next time he levels the weapon at the Pilot rather than the aircraft.

Reactions: Coskier
He new it was me. My cabin is 1/4th mile away and he called me! He is a realitor and his salesman wants me to take pictures of houses. This he was aware I passed my 107 test.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost