DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bahamas

Rfern

Reactions
Hello all! Been a member here for a while but don’t post much , mostly a lurker. Anyways, I was hoping someone could shed some light on the subject of flying/bringing a drone to the Bahamas. I will be leaving for there on Sunday. I’ve filled out all the required info and paid the fees required. Now here’s my question. What now? I have not received any “authorization letter” from them , just confirmation that I’ve paid and nothing else. I registered my Air 3 for there and I’m supposedly going to have to leave a deposit of 1/2 the value of the drone when I arrive? Just looking for some insight from someone who may have gone through the process. At this point I’m not sure I should even bring it . Please help and thank you in advance

Reactions: sarahb
Thank you for that article. However , that particular article is the same as all the previously read articles from all the places I’ve researched so far included the Bahamas civil aviation web site. Phone calls to the number specifically mentioned in that article has proved futile with no response. This site also mentions a “letter of issuance “ that I still have not received although I completed and submitted all the required documents and payments? Again, thank you for your help but has anyone been through the process that could chime in? Without this letter , there is no point to bring the drone and I’m out $30 .

Hello all! Been a member here for a while but don’t post much , mostly a lurker. Anyways, I was hoping someone could shed some light on the subject of flying/bringing a drone to the Bahamas. I will be leaving for there on Sunday. I’ve filled out all the required info and paid the fees required. Now here’s my question. What now? I have not received any “authorization letter” from them , just confirmation that I’ve paid and nothing else. I registered my Air 3 for there and I’m supposedly going to have to leave a deposit of 1/2 the value of the drone when I arrive? Just looking for some insight from someone who may have gone through the process. At this point I’m not sure I should even bring it . Please help and thank you in advance
Is this authorization letter from the BCAA? or is it a hotel or other site that has decided to charge you fees and insist on half the value of the drone as a deposit?
If the latter: this is becoming all too common with travel companies and holiday destination estates deciding to add their own lucrative arm twist. Seen it in various African countries so far, especially with the safari lodges.

Is this authorization letter from the BCAA? or is it a hotel or other site that has decided to charge you fees and insist on half the value of the drone as a deposit?
If the latter: this is becoming all too common with travel companies and holiday destination estates deciding to add their own lucrative arm twist. Seen it in various African countries so far, especially with the safari lodges.
Should come from BCAA. That’s who I’ve submitted all my info to.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure