DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Bai Dinh pagoda in Ninh Binh - Vietnam

Very beautiful area - very well captured. Wonderful music.
I am curious. The statue @ ~3:00 appears to have a swastika on its chest. Does this mean something in your culture that is different from the German usage during WW2?

I am curious. The statue @ ~3:00 appears to have a swastika on its chest. Does this mean something in your culture that is different from the German usage during WW2?
The swastika is an ancient religious and cultural symbol, used in Asian, African and American cultures.

Unfortunately the German nazi party (Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei) appropriated it in the thirties, and in the western world it is still a symbol for nazism.

Here is an intersting read about the swastika symbol:

The Buda has used that symbol for centuries. The German swastika has its 'arms' pointing in the opposite direction. Looks similar at first glance, but completely different. It is the symbol of peace. I understand temples here in the U.S.A. who display that symbol get a lot of flack and threats from local residents misunderstanding the difference between the two.

Reactions: Prop Wash
Have u ever been to VIETNAM?

After you watch my new video, you would want to go there for sure.

Bravo! Beautifully filmed and edited!I've been to Viet Nam but I must have missed this. What city was it in?

Dale

Awesome video

The swastika is an ancient religious and cultural symbol, used in Asian, African and American cultures.

Unfortunately the German nazi party (Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei) appropriated it in the thirties, and in the western world it is still a symbol for nazism.

Here is an intersting read about the swastika symbol:
The Buda has used that symbol for centuries. The German swastika has its 'arms' pointing in the opposite direction. Looks similar at first glance, but completely different. It is the symbol of peace. I understand temples here in the U.S.A. who display that symbol get a lot of flack and threats from local residents misunderstanding the difference between the two.
Thank you both for that info.
@waynorth - the Wiki was very informative.

I am really happy to get such a nice good feedback from u guys.
It would be nice if u also want to support my YouTube channel and subscribe me, thx in advance and fly safe.

Great video! I loved how the pagodas "glowed" at night and I agree, perfect music. I would love to visit Vietnam and many other places in the world but my travel budget doesn't even come close to getting me to the places I want to see...I'm lucky if I can afford to visit the next state over! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki