DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Сan i bring my drone to vietnam?

Take your drone to Vietnam. The Vietnamese say "flycam." Despite the laws on paper, Vietnam is perhaps the most drone-friendly country I regularly travel to. I've never filled out a drone-related document in Vietnam.

Starting in 2014, I've always had a drone with me when I traveled, starting with my Phantom 2 Vision+. I've visited Vietnam once or twice per year, often with multiple entries at Saigon or Hanoi.

Back around 2015, there was talk about the customs confiscating drones at Danang. I've never flown internationally into Danang but have brought drones with me numerous times on domestic flights there.

From 2017 up until the pandemic in 2020, I lived in Vietnam about 6 months out of every year. Prior to that, I'd travel there at least once per year, often more.

Places I've flown: Hanoi, Saigon, Halong Bay, Dien Bien Phu, Khe Sanh, Ninh Binh, Buon Ma Thuot, Dalat, Danang, Hoi An, Vung Tau, Phu Quoc, Can Tho, Hue, Ban Gioc, and more I've probably forgotten.

My next trip to VN is in 2 weeks. I wouldn't think about going without a flycam.

View attachment 170563View attachment 170564
Hey there, I'm about to fly to Vietnam, landing in Hanoi in 3 weeks. Did you encounter any issue since your last visit to VN?

And do you really just ignore the required paperworks & permits and never had any issues with authorities?

Thanks in advance!

Gergely

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
riterb97