DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BANK JOB GONE BAD...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOE CHRONIC

Reactions
Picked up the Scanner yesterday and caught the pursuit of a Bank robbery in progress, so I launched the MA2 up 395' and flew it 2.5 miles to the location where
the cops shot the Bank robber, click on the link and check out my aerial pic of the ending where they had him just covered by the body bag.
*Check the name on the credit for the picture, lol... Suspected bank robber killed in police shootout (I was 395' up and about 750 away)

Picked up the Scanner yesterday and caught the pursuit of a Bank robbery in progress, so I launched the MA2 up 395' and flew it 2.5 miles to the location where
the cops shot the Bank robber, click on the link and check out my aerial pic of the ending where they had him just covered by the body bag.
*Check the name on the credit for the picture, lol... Suspected bank robber killed in police shootout (I was 395' up and about 750 away)
I can’t believe you posted such knowing what you should being a member here. Bet it never crossed your mind it might be LE or media helicopters there. ?
Great you got your named mentioned. We’re proud of you.

Did you have a visual contact with the drone? Any aircraft interference warnings on your app? What was the battery level at the scene?

Fairly undersaturated, low-rez picture. Did the news station do that?

Anyway, good effort, but yea I agree that using the scanner to find local police activity, then chasing it is a bad idea. Sure, you're gonna get some interesting video, but eventually it'll become a problem.

By the way, I scanned the story. Bank robbers have no pride anymore. "Wearing a multi-colored beanie". Cmon.

Be aware of these rules: Recreational Flyers & Modeler Community-Based Organizations

Number 9 says "Never interfere with emergency response activities such as disaster relief, any type of accident response, law enforcement activities, firefighting, or hurricane recovery efforts."

I wasn't there, so I don't know if you might have been "interfering with" law enforcement activities. Do you think the officers on the scene minded? Unless you knew for a fact that there was no helicopter or drone being used by LE in the area, you were at least starting to tread in dangerous territory.

There needs to be a way to facilitate this type of thing. The power of the public is a good thing. Imagine a handful of drones recording the events. The issue is how to make all of this co-exist and not be a nuisance.

Reactions: Afghanpilot
There needs to be a way to facilitate this type of thing. The power of the public is a good thing. Imagine a handful of drones recording the events. The issue is how to make all of this co-exist and not be a nuisance.
yes, i could imagine a hundred drones floating above the crime scene and then post everything in youtube.

Not to mention LE could have sent out a helicopter for surveillance which would have prevented from being there because of a UAS in the vicinity.
There were no heli's neither cop or news but thanks for your concern...

I can’t believe you posted such knowing what you should being a member here. Bet it never crossed your mind it might be LE or media helicopters there. ?
Great you got your named mentioned. We’re proud of you.
Like I mentioned above, no heli's in the area and ty for being proud of me, lol...i

Fairly undersaturated, low-rez picture. Did the news station do that?

Anyway, good effort, but yea I agree that using the scanner to find local police activity, then chasing it is a bad idea. Sure, you're gonna get some interesting video, but eventually it'll become a problem.

By the way, I scanned the story. Bank robbers have no pride anymore. "Wearing a multi-colored beanie". Cmon.
Thank you for constructive criticism...

Be aware of these rules: Recreational Flyers & Modeler Community-Based Organizations

Number 9 says "Never interfere with emergency response activities such as disaster relief, any type of accident response, law enforcement activities, firefighting, or hurricane recovery efforts."

I wasn't there, so I don't know if you might have been "interfering with" law enforcement activities. Do you think the officers on the scene minded? Unless you knew for a fact that there was no helicopter or drone being used by LE in the area, you were at least starting to tread in dangerous territory.
No heli's in the area, a cop friend of mine liked the idea and advised me to give the picture to the local paper
And treading on dangerous territory is my middle name, lol...

I hear you but I was the lone fighter pilot that day, and yes that day maybe but I might not be so lucky the next time huh?

There isn't a hundred drones in my whole city, lol I'm not in a thriving metropolis with hundreds of thousands of people and air traffic everywhere
yes, i could imagine a hundred drones floating above the crime scene and then post everything in youtube.

Joe
I am a drone user like you. I learn from you as you learn from me . Thank you for sharing your experience because it make me think and help me to become more experienced and wise. I find fascinating to be in a crime scene and see with my own eyes ( or my drone) the crime in action. But I sense something is wrong. And I want to share this feeling with you. Because you are a drone user and a member of this forum. I am sorry if somehow upset you. It is just I am trying with my own way to find what is "right" or safe for all of us. Nobody is perfect...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo