DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Barbados... Taking a drone THROUGH Barbados.

I sent mine "Confirmed Delivery" from the UK. $10 extra odd and all went perfectly.

Try emailing [email protected] if you haven't already.

Already done back in February, also with their info e-mail. I'm getting fed up with them. I just used my work e-mail to see if my personal didn't actually in in their junk folder. They should of received my mailed one over 10 days ago (I sent on March 1st). I didn't use the tracking method as it is an extra 25$ for it, and I wrote my e-mail on both the TU033 paper forms to make sure they see it and send me an answer just like you mentioned. But I expect at least an answer via e-mail if it was approved or not, and the reason why, not a no reply.

Yeah, that's not on at all. When are you due to visit?

April 8th, I'm gonna have to leave my drone at home at this rate, still no replies on my work e-mail and I sent as a High Priority. They're clearly ignoring the e-mails. What a shame...

April 8th, I'm gonna have to leave my drone at home at this rate, still no replies on my work e-mail and I sent as a High Priority. They're clearly ignoring the e-mails. What a shame...

You any good with photoshop?

The telecoms website has gone down. Does anyone have a blank TUO33 form I can use? I'm travelling in August

Does anybody know who to make the check out to? I've got the application and am ready to send everything in, but have not heard from anyone on island about who to make the check out to and I'm a little leery about making it out to cash.

Does anybody know who to make the check out to? I've got the application and am ready to send everything in, but have not heard from anyone on island about who to make the check out to and I'm a little leery about making it out to cash.

Make it out to Ms Esther Roach. I sent $20 USD in cash and within 10 days they emailed me my license and sent a paper copy in the post. Even though they are slow with replies, if you send off the application, they will get it out to you

Make it out to Ms Esther Roach. I sent $20 USD in cash and within 10 days they emailed me my license and sent a paper copy in the post. Even though they are slow with replies, if you send off the application, they will get it out to you

Also send it signed delivery ( costs about £8) and then email
[email protected] with the tracking reference.

http://www.telecoms.gov.bb/website/...-temporary-exemption&catid=8:pages&Itemid=101

Have a snoop.

Also, look on this page... Application Forms

Open TU033 Word and PDF, 2 different forms. Legendary!

Which one did you choose?

http://www.telecoms.gov.bb/website/...-temporary-exemption&catid=8:pages&Itemid=101

Have a snoop.

Also, look on this page... Application Forms

Open TU033 Word and PDF, 2 different forms. Legendary!
Which one did you choose?
OK, Airport return... straight through. I showed the license to the Customs guys on the boat where you need to submit immigration papers - his reply was hilarious "What's that? I don't need that, but are you flying it today? I would love a go!?"

At the airport, I had the Mavic, Controller, 2 batteries in a fire proof case and spare props all in a single rucksack that was in my hand luggage bag. Barbados is a little behind and have nothing up stating all electronics to be scanned out of their bags. So I took the rucksack out and said to the security guy all in this bag is my drone. To which he replied "That's fine like that, I mainly need laptops and tablets, Sir".

It went through, as did the rest of my crap and that was that.

As for the details, where I cheated, was I also sent them the full spec sheet:- Mavic Pro – Specs, Videos, Downloads and FAQ

State you'll be using the controller - 2.4GHz-2.4835GHz and that if you need to revert to phone control, it is WiFi frequency...
  • Operating Frequency
  • 2.4-2.4835GHz; 5.150-5.250 GHz; 5.725-5.850 GHz

• Transmitter Power (EIRP)
  • FCC:<=26 dBm
    CE:<=20 dBm
    SRRC: <=20 dBm
    MIC: <=18 dBm

Print off the full spec sheet and state you have attached it to help the relevant department.

Job Jobbed :)

Are you staying in Barbados or cruising?

Could you please send me example of this Form ?
Or tell please what did you put in the column "Station" ? Transmitting station and Receiving station

And which means "BANDWIDTH" and "TYPE OF EMISSION" in the last column ?

Thanks a lot!)

wow looks like you guys managed to get the license from a new contact who is more active, lucky you! My stay in Barbados was fun, but I didn't think I would of been able to fly my drone during my stay with the strong wind week I was there (lots of clods/rain/wind, more than usual from what the locals told me). Hope your stay will give you great drone flying time and footage!

So, I just obtained my drone permits. I'm currently on island. I wanted to share some things that I think will help others. First, the telecoms unit moved to Baobob Tower (3rd floor) in Warren. I tried mailing in my application along with cash for the permit and my priority mail letter got lost in the mail since I mailed it to the old office just while they were moving. Lost the cash and didn't get the permit in advance much to my chagrin. Tried contacting Esther Roach numerous times and never got a reply. Finally contacted Mr. Renee Evelyn and ultimately Mr. Clifford Bostic. They had me fill out application and email, but told me I couldn't pay in advance. They said I would have drones confiscated at airport. I could then visit office, get permit, go back to airport and retrieve drones. Fortunately, customs did not confiscate my drones nor did they question me. <sigh of relief> Drove to Warrens today and found the Baobob Tower building easily enough, however, I did not meet their dress code. You need long pants, a collared shirt and shoes. I didn't even pack long pants! They eventually contacted someone who told the security people to let me through. I gave them my application. They also wanted my departing flight information. And, they wanted Barbados currency, which I didn't have. They took my US $$, but weren't happy about that. Charged me $30BBD each since I brought a backup = $30US in total. Took about an hour of wait time in the office, but I'm now legal!!

Last edited:
Reactions: RLa
I'm going to Barbados in November 2019 but have seen a lovely film of Barbados, shot on a drone. Can anyone confirm that it is now ok to take my Mavic there to get some stills?

It's ok, but you need a permit. I found it difficult to get in advance, but I did obtain one now that I'm here. You need to fill out the application, go to the telecoms building in Warren and pay the application fee. They will issue the permit there. It cost $15US and took about an hour. You need to have long pants, a collared shirt, and no flip-flops to get in the building. Let me know if you have any specific questions. I just did this yesterday.

It's ok, but you need a permit. I found it difficult to get in advance, but I did obtain one now that I'm here. You need to fill out the application, go to the telecoms building in Warren and pay the application fee. They will issue the permit there. It cost $15US and took about an hour. You need to have long pants, a collared shirt, and no flip-flops to get in the building. Let me know if you have any specific questions. I just did this yesterday.
HI,

tell me please what did you put in the column "Station" ? Transmitting station and Receiving station

And which means "BANDWIDTH" and "TYPE OF EMISSION" in the last column ?

Thanks

They just want the number of drones and the number of transmitters in the No. (ie. number) of Stations section. For me, since I have a primary and backup drone, my answer was 2 for each. If you are only bringing in a single drone then enter 1 for each. For my DJI Mavic Pro the bandwidth is

2.4GHz FCC:<=26 dBm;
CE: <=20 dBm;
SRRC:<=20 dBm;
MIC:<=18 dBm

The type of emission is UAV Radio.

This information can be found in the specification sheet for your particular drone. DJI lays out the information nicely. I had originally included a copy of the whole spec sheet with my original submission, the one that was lost, but didn't need it when I applied.

Reactions: RLa
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N