DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Basic Flying Question - Rules

The difference between Tello in wind vs DJI in ATTI is that the Tello probably is incapable of combating the wind presented whereas the DJI will have the capability, you just need the skill to know how to do it. In the case of the DJI, it just takes taking a deep breath, and applying the appropriate counter force before it hits an obstacle or gets too far out that you lose signal. In the case of signal loss, hopefully ATTI was voluntary, where then RTH kicks in.

I need to dust off my P3 and practice ATTI. It has a switch for it.

I need to dust off my P3 and practice ATTI. It has a switch for it.
I wish my MP had that. My buddies P3 was nice in that mode drifting to capture unique shots. The first time my MP jumped into ATTI, it caught me off guard as it was slowly landing itself onto a river. As soon as I visually saw that, I applied full up only to find several minutes later that it kept going up as I was manually flying it back to the home point. About at 800 feet AGL I realized what was going on and started down at a slow rate. My worried was if I'd loose battery power. It took a long time. During the event, I had to compensate for the side wind making it a somewhat stressful flight.

That's unusual that you'd lose altitude stability even in involuntary ATTI. That's mainly controlled by barometer.
Unless the IMU was really messed up.

There is a way to reprogram Sport or Tripod switch setting to instead be ATTI mode. It takes using a modified Assistant.

I wish my MP had that. My buddies P3 was nice in that mode drifting to capture unique shots. The first time my MP jumped into ATTI, it caught me off guard as it was slowly landing itself onto a river. As soon as I visually saw that, I applied full up only to find several minutes later that it kept going up as I was manually flying it back to the home point. About at 800 feet AGL I realized what was going on and started down at a slow rate. My worried was if I'd loose battery power. It took a long time. During the event, I had to compensate for the side wind making it a somewhat stressful flight.
If you search for it you will find SAR104 did a really good tutorial on how to enable ATTI mode.

Reactions: Thomas B
That's unusual that you'd lose altitude stability even in involuntary ATTI. That's mainly controlled by barometer.
Unless the IMU was really messed up.
It's the only time my MP reacted that way. Push up it went up...push down it went down. I suspected I missed the compass setting error at take off. During the event I still had control "somewhat", just a very slow response from via the controller.

As for updating to allow flying in ATTI mode....sorry I really don't want to try that. I'm stupid when it comes to software stuff. Call me old.

I haven't done it either, seems a bit of a hassle, or laziness. Besides, I'm not sure I want to lose sport or tripod.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming