DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Batteries are Backwards compatible!!

Miss Chrisy Co

Reactions
Confirmed a few things about the DJI Mini 2.

1. MM1 Batteries are backwards compatible but will increase weight past 250g. (256g)
2. Air 2 Controller Accessories are compatible.
3. MM1 Accessories are compatible(more testing required)
4. M2 is slightly heavier than the MM1.

Confirmed a few things about the DJI Mini 2.

1. MM1 Batteries are backwards compatible but will increase weight past 250g. (256g)
2. Air 2 Controller Accessories are compatible.
3. MM1 Accessories are compatible(more testing required)
4. M2 is slightly heavier than the MM1.
Probably best not to muddy the waters by shortening the Mini 2 to M2, as M2 is already the accepted abbreviation for the Mavic 2 series. MM1 works, but M2 is confusing. There is no Mavic Mini 2, so no real reason to use MM1. Just use MM and Mini 2.

Hey, 4. M2 is slightly heavier than the MM1?

The Mini 2 is only 240 - 242g, I think you’ve got your last statement the wrong way round.
The MM2 is slightly heavier, it is lighter overall because the battery is almost 20g lighter.

Wouldn't "backward compatible" mean that Mini 2 batteries fit the original?
No, think of it like a game console, when they are backwards compatible, the games would work on the new system, the batteries from the old system work on the new, hence backwards compatibility with previous generation accessories and batteries.

Hey, 4. M2 is slightly heavier than the MM1?

The Mini 2 is only 240 - 242g, I think you’ve got your last statement the wrong way round.
Classic case in point of why not to shorten Mini 2 to M2. The M2 abbreviation is the Mavic 2, not the Mini 2. Mavic 2 is significantly heavier than the Mavic Mini, which is abbreviated as the MM. If everyone insists upon MM1 then use MM2, even though it isn't entirely accurate.

Reactions: Tworth23
S
Classic case in point of why not to shorten Mini 2 to M2. The M2 abbreviation is the Mavic 2, not the Mini 2. Mavic 2 is significantly heavier than the Mavic Mini, which is abbreviated as the MM. If everyone insists upon MM1 then use MM2, even though it isn't entirely accurate.
slap my wrist! Lol. Not sure why anyone would need to state Mavic 2 is heavier than Mavic Mini, I would have thought that is glaring obvious, but agree abbreviations are getting a little confusing ?

S

slap my wrist! Lol. Not sure why anyone would need to state Mavic 2 is heavier than Mavic Mini, I would have thought that is glaring obvious, but agree abbreviations are getting a little confusing ?
For full clarity, since DJI removed the Mavic name from the Mini 2, no reason to shorten it. Let the Mavic Mini stay the MM, and just call the Mini 2 a Mini 2. It's already short enough. Using the acronym of M2 for the Mini 2 just creates too much confusion with the existing Mavic 2 series, which has used M2 for over 2 years.

Yesterday i was buy battery from mini 1 and evrything works excellent, full speed, time... only when make full throtle: full forward and up in sport mode two time i see attention about low voltage, but this same attetion i was see in other drones DJI Mavic Pro.., m2 ...

The important thing to remember is that the older batteries will cause your drone to be heavier than 250g and the battery life will be the same as with the new batteries so there are really no benefits to using the old ones.

For full clarity, since DJI removed the Mavic name from the Mini 2, no reason to shorten it. Let the Mavic Mini stay the MM, and just call the Mini 2 a Mini 2. It's already short enough. Using the acronym of M2 for the Mini 2 just creates too much confusion with the existing Mavic 2 series, which has used M2 for over 2 years.
Not quite true. If you're looking for the Mini 2 in DJI.com, it is under Consumer/Mavic. So the Mini 2 is indeed the Mavic Mini 2, which can be shortened to MM2. Just don't forget the second M.

The important thing to remember is that the older batteries will cause your drone to be heavier than 250g and the battery life will be the same as with the new batteries so there are really no benefits to using the old ones.
Except that if you already have the MM1 FMC, you could just trade out the MM1 AC, remote and one battery for an MM2 itself and keep the rest. Granted the MM2 battery won't fit in the MM1 hub and the props are not compatible. The prop cages also aren't fully compatible but many have been able to get the MM1 guard to fit.

Not quite true. If you're looking for the Mini 2 in DJI.com, it is under Consumer/Mavic. So the Mini 2 is indeed the Mavic Mini 2, which can be shortened to MM2. Just don't forget the second M.
Anything to avoid the confusing M2 abbreviation, already assigned to the Mavic 2 series. Not sure why DJI dropped the Mavic name from the Mini 2. MM1 and MM2 would work, but DJI has called the Mini 2, so those that don't realize M2 already exists will continue to muddy the waters calling it the M2 if it is abbreviated. Mini 2 is short enough. MM and Mini 2 avoids all confusion, and is only 3 characters longer than MM2 and 4 characters longer than the confusing M2.Thumbswayup

Anything to avoid the confusing M2 abbreviation, already assigned to the Mavic 2 series. Not sure why DJI dropped the Mavic name from the Mini 2. MM1 and MM2 would work, but DJI has called the Mini 2, so those that don't realize M2 already exists will continue to muddy the waters calling it the M2 if it is abbreviated. Mini 2 is short enough. MM and Mini 2 avoids all confusion, and is only 3 characters longer than MM2 and 4 characters longer than the confusing M2.Thumbswayup
Or even Mi2 if you really need it 2 or 3 letters.

Yes there is a benefit if you did not buy the FMC and found a MM new battery for 30 bucks @ ebay.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis