DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Batteries warm when not being used

RetiredInFL

Very Large Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I fully charged my 3 batteries 2 days ago then put them in my carrying case. Tonight I pull them out of the case and 2 are very warm like they had been in use for a while and one is cold (normal). Why would 2 of the batteries be warm when they were removed from the charger 2 days ago? They all probably have maybe 30 minutes flight time on them as the drone has barely been used since I got it.

Auto discharge.

Charge converted to heat (BMS switches in bleed resistors to bring the SOC down). Saves people needing to understand the limitations of LiION chemistry and manually take care of things.

It’s all in the manual.

Yes, the Battery will discharge to 96% after one day. After five days it discharges to 60%. This protects the battery for storage. Discharging causes heat.

Reactions: RetiredInFL
Thanks. I eventually found that. Got nervous because they are in foam case and noticed the case was getting warm. :)

I fully charged my 3 batteries 2 days ago then put them in my carrying case. Tonight I pull them out of the case and 2 are very warm like they had been in use for a while and one is cold (normal). Why would 2 of the batteries be warm when they were removed from the charger 2 days ago? They all probably have maybe 30 minutes flight time on them as the drone has barely been used since I got it.
I have never experienced a battery getting warm while sitting and discharging. Mavic Air three batteries.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98