DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Batteries?

dirtfishingman

Reactions
So, sorry I'm a newbie to the mavic air 2. Just got it a few days ago. I came from a mavic mini.

I just had a ? About battery care.

I was talking to another flyer and he was telling about swollen batteries and how to avoid them.

I was just curious about proper storage and charging of batteries being im a rec flyer.

There might be a week or 2 where I don't fly doni charge them and just let them sit? Plus winter is comming around and I'm sure I'm not flying as much.

Thanks guys

just make sure you store them between 45% to 65% when they are not being used ,keep them away from extreme heat or cold and make sure they are not within reach of children or pets ,you can if you wish charge them up and let the battery do its own thing ,it will drop down to 96% after 24 hours, and then after several days will drop down to 65% but personally i like to finish up with two lights on after my last flying session, and that way you know they will be fine for several weeks

Just following the user instruction. Lithium-based battery does NOT like two things when being stored : high charge level and high temperature. Make sure that it's discharged to 30 ~ 40% before storage. Dont charge it until you are planning to fly the next day. Discharge fully every 3 months to ensure proper calibration or the % figure may not be reliable .

For more info. refer to the following articles :

Last edited:
Just following the user instruction. Lithium-based battery does like two things when being stored : high charge level and high temperature. Make sure that it's discharged to 30 ~ 40% before storage. Dont charge it until you are planning to fly the next day. Discharge fully every 3 months to ensure proper calibration or the % figure may not be reliable .

For more info. refer to the following articles :

@boblui ,hi my friend i think you need to put( not) between does and like

Reactions: boblui and StantonZ
I agree with Old man Mavic. Proper charging and storage is important to longevity of your batteries. Enjoy your safe flying.

Reactions: old man mavic
The batteries automatically discharge when not used for a period of time, approximately a week, down to 60% or so. Just don't leave them on the charger for storage.

Reactions: itallica
I just checked it quite now. It was a slight noise if it happens again ill try to record. It was a 25% battery I put on it for sure came from the brick

Sorry, couldn’t here it... but I have some frequency related hearing loss.... Let’s see who else chimes in.

as @boblui said the power brick is basically a stepdown transformer ,if you have ever walked past the transformers that are dotted around the locality you will often hear them buzzing

just make sure you store them between 45% to 65% when they are not being used ,keep them away from extreme heat or cold and make sure they are not within reach of children or pets ,you can if you wish charge them up and let the battery do its own thing ,it will drop down to 96% after 24 hours, and then after several days will drop down to 65% but personally i like to finish up with two lights on after my last flying session, and that way you know they will be fine for several weeks
So the Mavic Air 2S does have the intelligent battery; the one that it automatically discharges itself to about half of its capacity. I asked the DJI sales team and they didn't know this. I told them that my Mavic 2 Pro batteries also intelligent battery and they auto-discharge themselves and my Q from them was if the Air 2S batteries behave the same way or not. The agent on chat didn't know. Anyway thank you for saying their A2S batteries do so.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mare Ru