DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery and body cracked :-(

sliyk

Reactions
Hi Guys,
Posting this for a friend. He bought his mavic pro platinum only a couple months ago and never crashed. We noticed these cracks on the body of the drone and also on one side of a battery. I am guessing someone tried to forcibly (and in the incorrect manner) remove the battery.
As the drone is under warranty should I open a support ticket with DJI for repair? I do not want to compromise the warranty that the drone already has.
Thanks.

20181025_160225.jpg20181025_160240.jpg20181025_160835.jpg20181025_160838.jpg

Curious why YOU would open a support ticket if you're asking for a friend?

Either way, why bother? Can you prove that you didn't cause the damage? If not I'm sure DJI won't pony up a replacement.

I doubt DJI would accept that as a warranty claim.
You mentioned "someone must have forcibly tried to remove the battery". Was this purchased used?

looks like you or your "Friend" tried to pry the batt out!! Never ever gets dull around here.Oh snap i broke my new drone so let's blame it on the manufacturer and try and get a new one..

It's spare parts time ... New Battery required (you'd not want the drone at risk of popping that battery off mid-flight), and a new top shell needed (see this video regarding replacement):

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett