DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Battery Authenication failure" problem

Mavy1

Reactions
I've recently just started having problem with one of my batteries having "battery authenication failure, contact DJI support if this error persist after restart" error messages on DJI go.
Everything else seems normal except the Mavic won't take off. It's sometimes resolves after 3-4 restarts which is pretty annoying other times I just give up and go on to using another battery.
I have refreshed to latest firmware with the problem battery installed with DJI assistant 2 which I thought had fixed the problem but it has now re-appeared again.
The battery is about 2 years old , with 80 charges, alway stored at 60% charge at room temp with no swelling.
I contacted DJI and they have told me because it's pass warranty (6 months) I have to buy a new battery.
The battery seems to be physically OK it just seems like a software problem.

Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?

I've recently just started having problem with one of my batteries having "battery authenication failure, contact DJI support if this error persist after restart" error messages on DJI go.
Everything else seems normal except the Mavic won't take off. It's sometimes resolves after 3-4 restarts which is pretty annoying other times I just give up and go on to using another battery.
I have refreshed to latest firmware with the problem battery installed with DJI assistant 2 which I thought had fixed the problem but it has now re-appeared again.
The battery is about 2 years old , with 80 charges, alway stored at 60% charge at room temp with no swelling.
I contacted DJI and they have told me because it's pass warranty (6 months) I have to buy a new battery.
The battery seems to be physically OK it just seems like a software problem.

Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?

I haven’t but the way that battery works you should consider a software problem the same way as you would a physical problem. They aren’t like RC batteries because the software controls the charging and discharging.

If it were me what I would do is downgrade the firmware to 01.03.1000 and then upgrade back to 01.04.0500. The 01.03.xxxx to 01.04.xxxx designated a battery firmware upgrade so when you downgrade or upgrade between those firmwares is when the firmware actually is replaced.

Refreshing a firmware will only help if some files from a firmware upgrade didn’t fully update or are missing it doesn’t really do anything if the files that should be are and there’s just a problem with them. Normally downgrading to the last firmware and back would be sufficient reload the firmware but in this case the firmware for the battery is the same for all 01.04.xxxx firmwares. When you downgrade to 01.03.1000 you’ll notice the lights on the battery going crazy and this is because it’s updating the battery firmware. You’ll notice when just refreshing firmware this won’t happen

Reactions: Texas Mavic
Most likely the contacts are a bit worn and the communication lines between battery and aircraft aren't making a good contact anymore.

Reactions: brett8883
I haven’t but the way that battery works you should consider a software problem the same way as you would a physical problem. They aren’t like RC batteries because the software controls the charging and discharging.

If it were me what I would do is downgrade the firmware to 01.03.1000 and then upgrade back to 01.04.0500. The 01.03.xxxx to 01.04.xxxx designated a battery firmware upgrade so when you downgrade or upgrade between those firmwares is when the firmware actually is replaced.

Refreshing a firmware will only help if some files from a firmware upgrade didn’t fully update or are missing it doesn’t really do anything if the files that should be are and there’s just a problem with them. Normally downgrading to the last firmware and back would be sufficient reload the firmware but in this case the firmware for the battery is the same for all 01.04.xxxx firmwares. When you downgrade to 01.03.1000 you’ll notice the lights on the battery going crazy and this is because it’s updating the battery firmware. You’ll notice when just refreshing firmware this won’t happen
Looks like I'm buggered as when I got on DJI assistant 2. The notes said when upgraded to V01.04.0500 which i have, you can't downgrade back to previous version i.e. V01.03xxxx

Thanks for your help

Yayyyy, DRM in batteries. What could go wrong (Spark falling out of the sky, that's what. Oh wait, it's a secret so shhhhh, let's pretend it was because of batteries falling out and issue emergency mandatory update. Nobody will notice!).

Use a debug mode Assistant and switch it to third party battery, the bird will stop whining immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Flycaster
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78