DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

battery bloat pressure unto motherboards

hewo

Reactions
i notice the clipped in battery release when u disengage the clips, the battery pops out with impetus

i found out why

it is bloated when flight lands because the battery is more than hand warm

so the question, does this expansive bloat stress the motherboards above it?

or the infrastructure is so darn solid the battery is confined to compartmentalized dimension & there is no stress imparted unto motherboards?

Reactions: SmilingOgre
i notice the clipped in battery release when u disengage the clips, the battery pops out with impetus

i found out why

or the infrastructure is so darn solid the battery is confined to compartmentalized dimension & there is no stress imparted unto motherboards?
Sounds like trouble brewing in that battery. In general evidence of battery swelling is a warning of gas accumulation and yes pressure on the battery retainers. There have been in flight battery departures with immediate aircraft loss. It sounds like a battery that may be ready for retirement. Other real experts will provide guidance.

i found out why

Theres lots of threads on this, but in short, if the battery is swelling, replace it.

Would be good to share some data (especially temps) on that battery if possible. For example:
  • #charge cycles
  • max temps
  • voltage anomalies

i found out why

Let me say theoretically no pressure will come to mother board since almost everyone has seen swelled battery and have tried their best to use them till their hearts melt. I have currently went a step forward and crazily puncture the battery to bring it back to normal. Punctured with a thorn, then immediately sealed with a fast set glue. Puncture style also not vertical but some what horizontal. Anyway, I ensure no air goes inside again theoretically. Now my battery sitting outside the house and I got no guts to apply to my drone. Since most people say battery will catch fire if you puncture. But so far nothing. I did discharge and charge about 10 times but on a simple current of 500ma. Sometime later I will do 5 to 10a discharge

• Wow
Reactions: dawgpilot

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka