DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery care advice needed!

What voltage is 40% on these batteries?
SOC estimation from terminal voltage is a difficult proposition for LiION given the remarkably flat discharge voltage profile.

You can rely on the depicted %charged as being significantly more accurate.

SOC estimation from terminal voltage is a difficult proposition for LiION given the remarkably flat discharge voltage profile.

You can rely on the depicted %charged as being significantly more accurate.

Is that depiction not based on some underlying voltage?

Is that depiction not based on some underlying voltage?
No. There are other factors that provide for significantly higher accuracy- SOC = remaining state of charge/ full charge capacity. RSOC and FCC are constantly revised having regard to actual measured parameters including coulomb counting during charge and use, internal resistance, temperature and real world load conditions.

Thanks but it’s not available in the UK unfortunately. The US version probably won’t work because of it being 120v whereas the UK uses 240v . Any other solutions?

just FYI the spec of that charger is "Worldwide travel compatible - 120V or 220V." so would be fine here in the UK. you could either change the plug or use an adapter. It contains a switch mode power supply so automatically works with whatever voltage you throw at it around the world. its one of the best chargers available.

Reactions: DJI DelBoy
I set my batteries to 1 day, that way they spend as little time as possible fully charged. Wine fridges are great for lipo storage. Keep them cool when not in use.

edit: just realized this is M2P and you can't change the number of days for some reason.

Reactions: DJI DelBoy
Regarding the “time to discharge” number of days in the DJI GO app, which setting is recommended?
I set mine to 2 days when that setting is available in DJI GO. I normally don't need to rely on it though since I only charge the batteries I want to use.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d