DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

battery cell broken

ilovemyheckler

Reactions
I have been having a problem with one of my batteries.
I have had the battery and Mavic for about 11 months but not flown very often.
After installing this particular battery (the others are all fine) into the mavic I get "Battery Error" message on the controller.
It also gave "Cell Broken" message
I left the battery in the aircraft switched on and let it discharge to about 8%
When I put the battery into the charging hub it seemed to charge for about 30 minutes and then the charging hub light went to red and just one of the battery led's flashed green.

DJI have asked me to return the battery (to their office in Holland) but what are my chances of getting a replacement battery (I am not sure what the warranty period is for a battery) or may they be able to repair my battery.

If I have to pay for the postage it may not be worth returning if I have to pay for a new battery as well.

Thanks

I understand that the battery warranty is 6 months and less than 200 charge cycles. Perhaps they are not clear about the age of your battery.

They should know exactly when I bought it as they asked for a copy of the purchase receipt before they suggested I undertook the discharge and recharge cycles.
They have sent me a returns form but not sure I want to send it back if they aren't going to replace or repair free of charge as I have already bought a replacement

I have just received an email from DJI in Holland and they have confirmed after asking if I need to return just the battery or the drone as well;

"Please just return the malfunctioning unit, which is the battery. The battery has 12 months warranty period."

So it looks like the batteries may have a 12 month warranty?

I have just received an email from DJI in Holland and they have confirmed after asking if I need to return just the battery or the drone as well;

"Please just return the malfunctioning unit, which is the battery. The battery has 12 months warranty period."

So it looks like the batteries may have a 12 month warranty?

According to their website it is only 6 months. What part of the world are you from? I know some countries have their own consumer protection policies which trump businesses policies so if you're in the EU that might be why.
If you are in North America then I would confirm that they don't plan to charge you for the replacement.
After-Sales Service Policies - DJI

I am in the UK so still in EU at moment!
Had to fill out several forms (some twice) and emails before DJI agreed to have it back. It's currently sat in Brussels on its way to Holland so not going to be a quick process but hopefully a satisfactory one

Success!

DJI emailed today confirming that a new battery was being posted out
That's great! It would be nice to hear their reasoning. I thought after six months you had no recourse about a battery problem.

Hopefully they will explain when they return it.

My battery was 11 months old and in Europe the DJI warranty is for 12 months not 6.
I think it is something to do with EU regulations. All products shipped from over seas have to have a minimum of 12 months warranty or no trade deal.
Shame we (UK) are leaving!

My Mavic Pro is 4 months old. One of the batteries has been charged 3 times and now shows a Battery Error on the RC, and a broken cell on the DJI app. I talked to DJI support and they have issued a UPS label for the return. I saw some people have used the DJI assistant app to get more information. I re-installed the latest firmware with the bad battery in the drone, and it now reports as OK.
The question is, did this "fix" the problem, or should I just return the battery for a replacement?

Had you tried rebooting everything a couple of times before starting the RMA process? Sometimes there's a false warning that clears on rebooting everything.
Anyway see if it happens again, and monitor the cell meter in the app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54