DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

battery charge............3 off 1 on.....weird....please advise

cruzroy

Reactions
ok guys, i finally got 4 batteries, and when i charge 3 of them, when they are full, the lights go out and the battery is off, but i got one that is charging ok to full, but all lights stay on, and its in on position, and i have to take off charger and manually shut it off

Should i fly this battery ???????????

I wouldn't fly it. Yet.

I might hook it up to the bird and fire it up and let the battery discharge to the 75% level and charge it up again to see what happens. And from there - extract the log and upload it to Airdata to see what the battery cell levels look like. If those are in spec and if it behaves normally on the next charge, then I'd fly it.

IAC: Call / write DJI for advice.

Reactions: Robert Mitchell
ok guys, i finally got 4 batteries, and when i charge 3 of them, when they are full, the lights go out and the battery is off, but i got one that is charging ok to full, but all lights stay on, and its in on position, and i have to take off charger and manually shut it off

I had one do the exact same thing. I was afraid to fly it then had no choice since it was my only battery left. I flew with it and had no issues. It recharged as normal and all lights went out. I assume it was just a random glitch.

Reactions: jcarloacsay
I had one do the exact same thing. I was afraid to fly it then had no choice since it was my only battery left. I flew with it and had no issues. It recharged as normal and all lights went out. I assume it was just a random glitch.
you think caz it has not been in drone yet and got its firmware update ???

I have one battery that did that also, only when I use a charger that charges 3 batteries at one time. The battery has performed normally.

you think caz it has not been in drone yet and got its firmware update ???

I don't think it's a firmware issue. Mine had up-to-date battery firmware before and after.

As the poster above said, mine was also with a charger that charges 3 at a time.

You have some answers on your other thread.

i plugged it in to the mavic and booted it up.....just did not fly with yet.....might tomorrow on day off

ok did quick test......it goes on and off normal, but it stays on while in charge mode even when full, i have to shut it down manually

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe