DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Charger 120/12v, LED Display, Storage Mode

Pappy

Reactions
I ran across a unique battery charger for the MA2 on Amazon that has features the others do not. It's brand new , no reviews yet, but they do make one for the M2 pro/zoom and it has 4.5 out of 5 star rating from 149 reviewers. Some of the features the "Hanatora Battery Wall Charger & Car Charger for DJI Mavic Air 2 Drone" include
** Dual power supply - 110-240v power brick or 12v cigarette lighter plug
** LED display showing voltage and amperage for selected battery
** Storage mode - will charge OR discharge the battery to 12V for long term storage
** Cooling fans
** Charges up to 4 batteries concurrently, each battery has a cradle to sit in, no dangling cords
1602273182639.png
Amazon link to charger:Amazon.com: Hanatora Battery Wall Charger & Car Charger for DJI Mavic Air 2 Drone and USB-C Remote Controller Cable,5 in 1 Rapid Multi Parallel Charging Hub with Charge and Storage: Toys & Games

I use the version for the M2P . . . excellent!
That's good to hear. I probably will go ahead and get it just for the LED display to show volts/amp and the "storage" mode. I have been charging the batteries after each 20-25 minute flight for about 15 minutes to bring them up to the storage charge level. But with this charger I can just stick all three in to bring back up to "storage" charge. The one feature I saw for the M2 Pro/Zoom version, that was not mention for the MA2 charger, is it has a complete discharge mode, typically used after 20 or so charges to recondition the battery (so I'm told).

That's good to hear. I probably will go ahead and get it just for the LED display to show volts/amp and the "storage" mode. I have been charging the batteries after each 20-25 minute flight for about 15 minutes to bring them up to the storage charge level. But with this charger I can just stick all three in to bring back up to "storage" charge. The one feature I saw for the M2 Pro/Zoom version, that was not mention for the MA2 charger, is it has a complete discharge mode, typically used after 20 or so charges to recondition the battery (so I'm told).

Looks interesting... please come back and post a review once you get it.

There is one setting I'm concerned about with this charger. It has battery storage mode. From the description -
  • [Battery Safety Storage] When the battery is ready to stored for a long time, it is necessary to keep the power at about 45%-65%. Full power and low power storage will cause battery damage. In the storage mode, the charger will discharge batteries with more than 12v to reduce the voltage to 12v,Meanwhile batteries with less than 12v will be charged to 12v
I sent the following question to the seller, so I'll see what the response is. - "The description states storage mode voltage is 12v. On the Mavic Air 2 battery it has a nominal voltage of 11.55. Misprint or is voltage too high?"

The nominal voltage on the Mavic Air 2 battery label is stated to be 11.55v. It seems to me 12v for storage is too high. Any opinions on this?

Reactions: MaverickMavicMark
I just ordered one of these from Amazon - $53.36 with tax and free shipping. I like the DC car charging and the ability to acquire an exact storage volt. 12.0 Vs. 11.55 is 0.45V / 3 = 0.15V per cell difference. No problem...

I have asked the seller if DJI transmitter will also be set to storage voltage.

Last edited:
I ran across a unique battery charger for the MA2 on Amazon that has features the others do not. It's brand new , no reviews yet, but they do make one for the M2 pro/zoom and it has 4.5 out of 5 star rating from 149 reviewers. Some of the features the "Hanatora Battery Wall Charger & Car Charger for DJI Mavic Air 2 Drone" include
** Dual power supply - 110-240v power brick or 12v cigarette lighter plug
** LED display showing voltage and amperage for selected battery
** Storage mode - will charge OR discharge the battery to 12V for long term storage
** Cooling fans
** Charges up to 4 batteries concurrently, each battery has a cradle to sit in, no dangling cords
View attachment 114745
Amazon link to charger:Amazon.com: Hanatora Battery Wall Charger & Car Charger for DJI Mavic Air 2 Drone and USB-C Remote Controller Cable,5 in 1 Rapid Multi Parallel Charging Hub with Charge and Storage: Toys & Games
I use the M2P version. Very happy after over a year.

12v for an S3 battery is basically fully charged. Storage voltage would be closer to 11v, each cell being somewhere between 3.6 to 3.7V.

With regards to concurrent charging from 12v car power: consider the wattage requirements versus watts available.
A car outlet is usually fused at 10 to 15A. At 12V, that's 120 to 180W. If a battery charges at 60W (as is the case with M2 batteries), you can't do 4 of them concurrently and not blow a car fuse.

I received this battery charger, and yes, it puts batteries in 12V storage. It accomplishes this if the battery starts out above 12V or below 12V. Not a big deal if the battery is at a higher voltage to start - the intelligent battery will self-discharge to the storage voltage on its own. Where this unit shines, in my opinion, is when the battery voltage is low such as at the end of a flight. The MA2 supplied charger will charge to full voltage every time. So, I use this charger to take a depleated battery only up to the storage voltage. Maybe this will treat the batties more gently and provide longer life span.

Oh wow. I've been waiting for this company to bring out this charger for the MA2. Ordered!

Now if they'd only bring one out for the MM.

Oh.... and thanks to the OP for sharing with us that this was out.

Why does dji not charge batteries simultaneously? I have yet to do research to answer this question but it has been what has hold me back from buying 3rd party charging devices like that. I do not wish to have some unexpected power issue later

Why does dji not charge batteries simultaneously? I have yet to do research to answer this question but it has been what has hold me back from buying 3rd party charging devices like that. I do not wish to have some unexpected power issue later
Dunno, but I suspect it’s just not worth it for them.
Regarding “issues”:
I use a Hanatora charger now. Got it for $50 or $60 on Amazon. Had it over a year and at least 200 charges from 20% to full charge on each of 5 batteries for my M2P.. No differences seen in battery performance/flight time when compared to my five M2P batteries only charged in the DJI charger..
FWIW one of the batteries (DJI charger only) bulged and failed after about 100 flights.
The Hanatora does simultaneous charge and does 4 batteries in 90-100 minutes. Also works in the car. Will charge batteries to full, charge, to 50%, and discharge to 50%. Also charges the standard remote at the same time.... no problems noted.

Point is that aftermarket charging, at least as described above, is safe and quick.

Why does dji not charge batteries simultaneously?

My Spark stock charger will do three batteries at the same time,

I thought all of DJI's did that . :D

I may have to invest in this charger.
Then I'll have an reason for a fourth battery. :)

I picked up this charger and it seems good so far. One annoyance is that the the AC power adapter fan runs permanently if it is plugged into the wall. I suppose that is better than overheating.

One annoyance is that the the AC power adapter fan runs permanently if it is plugged into the wall.
You can get a switchable power strip so that you can turn off some loads and leave others powered. I have this model hooked up to my UPS. It has 3 switchable banks. I use the bottom bank for critical loads, middle nice to have while power is out but can turn off when battery gets too low, and the top bank for noncritical. The top is the one for wall chargers and I can turn them on only when I need to charge. The other feature I like on this style is the power cord can be retracted into the tower so that you don't have a lot of cord hanging out.

Power Strip Tower JACKYLED Surge Protector Electric Charging Station 3000W 13A 10 Outlets 4 USB Ports with 16AWG 6.5ft Heavy Duty Extension Cord for Home Office

Reactions: MA2 317
WOW great find! I Just received my MA2 less than a week ago and have the fly more pack so I have 3 batteries. I was fortunate to have read up on the posts about not charging with the supplied 3 battery charger and have been just charging directly from the cord. I have two cycles on each of my batteries and last night we had spectacular red/orange/purple clouds but had gone thru an hour of flying already.

Ill certainly look into this charger. Thanks for posting it!

WOW great find! I Just received my MA2 less than a week ago and have the fly more pack so I have 3 batteries. I was fortunate to have read up on the posts about not charging with the supplied 3 battery charger and have been just charging directly from the cord. I have two cycles on each of my batteries and last night we had spectacular red/orange/purple clouds but had gone thru an hour of flying already.

Ill certainly look into this charger. Thanks for posting it!

The warning about not using the charging dock only applies to the first charge of each battery. Using the dock is perfectly safe after you've "woken up" the batteries from their dorment shipping mode by using the charger alone.

Just purchased one myself after reading your post.
Was looking for something that handled AC & DC.

Does anyone know how long it takes to charge using DC? is it the same as AC?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229