DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

battery charging cycle count : resettable ?

new2mavic

Reactions
Just picked up a used M2P + flymore combo. Everythings look quite new. The cycle count for the three batteries are respectively 0, 0, 1 which is impossible for a used craft. Is there any ways to reset the cycle count of the batteries like resetting the mileage of used cars ?

Last edited:
I’ve not seen any way to reset any DJI battery.
previous owner may have the answer?

Just picked up a used M2P + flymore combo. Everythings look quite new. The cycle count for the three batteries are respectively 0, 0, 1 which is impossible for a used craft. Is there any ways to reset the cycle count of the batteries like resetting the mileage of used cars ?
It’s hard but not impossible, however, not worth it for lightly used aircraft you are gonna market as a used drone anyway. You either got a brand new Mavic at a used price or you got a gently used Mavic with brand new batteries.

Congrats you won the used Mavic lottery

Last edited:
I bought a mavic 2 pro with 47 mins flight time and had 1 cycle, 2 cycle and 2 cycles on the batteries. Seems good to me. The previous owner had it over a year.
Since I've had it a few days I've already flown about 4 hours.

Reactions: new2mavic
I vagually remember that I saw a YT video about batteries for these drones. The guy talked about resetting them by letting the drone idle, sitting on a table, until it shut down to silence by itself. That should reset the battery and cure the problem (what ever that now was?) and even the counter was said to be reset.

I do not know what is true. Only a distant memory for me. Maybe someone else can tell more?

I vagually remember that I saw a YT video about batteries for these drones. The guy talked about resetting them by letting the drone idle, sitting on a table, until it shut down to silence by itself. That should reset the battery and cure the problem (what ever that now was?) and even the counter was said to be reset.

I do not know what is true. Only a distant memory for me. Maybe someone else can tell more?
Ya that was for the percentage reset it would wold be pretty hard to do I have been all over the firmware for these guys for years and have never seen any tool to let you do that which is great hope they never let that one out. Gotta have something sacred.

Is there any ways to reset the cycle count of the batteries like resetting the mileage of used cars ?

Yes, it's possible but require quite expensive programming adapter and special battery reset software.
The minimum budget for that is about $500 but one could just take advantage of battery recelling workshop service where guys who has all necessary equipment could reset the battery chip for a "penny".

and even the counter was said to be reset

those method definitely not working for cycle counter reset of M2P batteries and any others where TI ICs are used.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan