DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery charging times

IamJoHo

Reactions
Wondering what kind of times people are seeing charging a battery in the Mini and in the charging hub. I have a Mini coming with two batteries and I'm trying to figure out if I should buy the hub and two more batteries.

Get the hub, definitely. Charge times are less than I expected. If you have three batteries you're all set. Plus you can daisy chain off the hub to charge the controller after the hub's done charging batteries.

I numbered my batteries and also their slot in the hub, 1, 2, 3 using a silver marker. This makes battery rotation easy. 'just flew with #2, put it in the hub, and put #3 in the MM for next flight'.

Once one battery has finished charging in the hub you can start to charge the controller whilst the other two batteries are still charging. It sees the controller as the third battery.

Charging in hub, don't know precisely but maybe around or more than hour per single battery if they were at 20%. Slow by my opinion. Several hours for three batteries, not to mention controller.

Get the hub, definitely. Charge times are less than I expected. If you have three batteries you're all set. Plus you can daisy chain off the hub to charge the controller after the hub's done charging batteries.

I numbered my batteries and also their slot in the hub, 1, 2, 3 using a silver marker. This makes battery rotation easy. 'just flew with #2, put it in the hub, and put #3 in the MM for next flight'.
Me too i put marker a / b / c on the battery. Good day

I am a newbie. Purchased Mini 2 and three battery charger. It seems to take an inordinate time to recharge the batteries. I flew yesterday and started recharge and over 18 hours later the last one is only half charged. Using the cable provided with a generic USB plug. Any ideas?

I am a newbie. Purchased Mini 2 and three battery charger. It seems to take an inordinate time to recharge the batteries. I flew yesterday and started recharge and over 18 hours later the last one is only half charged. Using the cable provided with a generic USB plug. Any ideas?
The generic plug is probably not providing enough power, use the plug DJI gave you and it should charge all 3 batteries in a few hours. I think it’s an 18W charger you need (at least that’s what it is for the mini 1).

Reactions: EyesWideShut

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archanut