DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery discharge question

Off topic, I hope you don't store them @100% for longer then 2 days or so?
Certainly do! Original Mavic 2 battery discharge algorithm was a fixed 10 days at 100% before auto discharge would begin. Good enough for DJI is good enough for me! They only added the option to shorten that time period later, because paranoid users asked for it!

Paranoid?
Maybe you should read about how to treat Lipo batteries before you call people with professional knowledge "paranoid"!

Paranoid?
Maybe you should read about how to treat Lipo batteries before you call people with professional knowledge "paranoid"!
I've been using dozens of DJI batteries for over 4 years, on over 1100 flights, and over 42 million feet of total distance, as logged in GO 4. I suspect I have far more experience with DJI batteries than most people with "professional knowledge" will ever have, including you! ;)

Last edited:
Good for you.
But you can't ignore physical FACTS.
Maybe you take some time and read some articles, so your next answer makes a bit more sense for this topic.
If not, just don't answer.

Good for you.
But you can't ignore physical FACTS.
Maybe you take some time and read some articles, so your next answer makes a bit more sense for this topic.
If not, just don't answer.

Perhaps you could share some of those facts, so that the discussion could be a bit more focused.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Google is your friend.
You will hardly find anyone that says something different than me, apart from our friend here.
There are plenty of sites talking about Lipo batteries, easy to find.

Google is your friend.
You will hardly find anyone that says something different than me, apart from our friend here.
There are plenty of sites talking about Lipo batteries, easy to find.

I think you mean that Google is your evasion mechanism. If you can't actually be bothered to cite any of the FACTS (sic) that you asserted support your argument, then you can't really expect a useful discussion.

It's like I should proof the earth is round, and you say it's flat. Why should I proof something that should be common knowledge? But OK, one of those sites is for example this one:

This?
Or this?

Just the first 3 links that came up on Google.... .. ............

Last edited:
It's like I should proof the earth is round, and you say it's flat. Why should I proof something that should be common knowledge? But OK, one of those sites is for example this one:

This?
Or this?

Just the first 3 links that came up on Google.... .. ............
You are clearly missing the point. We don't fly our drones to prolong the life of their batteries. The batteries are an item of consumption, and are used to fly the drones, which carry our cameras. A missed aerial photographic opportunity because the batteries are not fully charged is a far greater loss than a battery that only lasts two years, instead of 5 years, if it were perfectly maintained, especially when the drone and cameras themselves are also obsolete in 2 years time.

If your main priority is making your batteries last forever, you clearly are not serious yet about your drone photography, and have your priorities mixed up. Since you just joined the forum last month, you are still very new here, and should be trying to learn from us, rather than lecturing us with your snide, know-it-all attitude, preaching stuff you just read on the internet. In four years, if you are still here, after you have as much real world experience flying DJI drones as many of here already have, you'll have earned your stripes, and can share your personal experiences, and we can all compare notes. Until then, I'll continue to rely upon my own personal experience, which has served me well. Respektiere deine Ältesten. YMMV.

Reactions: pelagic_one
And you are missing MY point.
You can't just say, it doesn't matter how you treat your batteries, because that's just untrue! And that's what you did.

Of course, if you fly every day the whole day, you can and have to charge your batteries every day. But that's not what I'm talking about.

But if you fly like me and many others, you shouldn't leave your batteries charged for many days.
Charging 4 batteries from storage to full doesn't take long anyway. I do it before breakfast...

So, I think we are good now, right?

And you are missing MY point.
You can't just say, it doesn't matter how you treat your batteries, because that's just untrue! And that's what you did.

Of course, if you fly every day the whole day, you can and have to charge your batteries every day. But that's not what I'm talking about.

But if you fly like me and many others, you shouldn't leave your batteries charged for many days.
Charging 4 batteries from storage to full doesn't take long anyway. I do it before breakfast...

So, I think we are good now, right?
I never said it doesn't matter how you treat your batteries. What I did say was that the default 10 day discharge cycle is the one DJI has used for the last 4 years and works perfectly fine, unless you are paranoid about your batteries. BTW, every time your batteries discharge to storage mode, you are losing one half of one of the lifetime 300 to 500 full charge cycles, so you are actually voluntarily reducing the battery life each time you do so! Now we are good!

Last edited:
Reactions: Camino Ken

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929