DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery dropped from 53% to 0% ,almost lost my MA

As a follow up, I downgraded all my components back to 1.00.0400 including the two batteries that were causing such dangerous flight scenarios under 1.00.0500. Am delighted to report that all is well after the downgrade. Tested both batteries thoroughly. Started with a full charge and ran the drone hard in Sport mode, P mode with all sensors on, and added few Quickshots just for kicks. Batteries/flight duration were perfectly normal. Flew them until the 10 percent critical battery warning kicked in. Perfect behavior with 1.00.0400 firmware. Am more than a little irritated that 1.00.0500 would have rendered my batteries useless. Has anyone else had similar experience?

UPDATE: Analyzed battery history data on the two batteries in question and found one of the cells to register a voltage that was out of line with the others, ie a bad cell in each battery. Those batteries have been relegated to ground work and easy nearby hover. Discovered that they typically only register critical flight warning if I press the sticks hard to demand a higher current than hover eg the surest way to make it give critical warning is to accelerate to full speed in sport mode. In line with these discoveries, I also RE-updated all batteries to latest firmwares (.0500) and have not had an issue with my newer batteries on that firmware. Also changed my charging habits from leaving them fully charged to leaving them with a 25-50 percent charge after reading up on that subject, eg swollen batteries with bad cells largely caused by leaving them fully charged.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair