DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

battery error and no connection

mig

Reactions
So I finally had a chance to take my mavic out for its maiden voyage jan 15th. temp was a little chilly, couple degrees below freezing however i kept it inside until right before flight. I am using the Samsung S7edge. First try, motors started and idled but then got a battery error and a no connection error. I traded batteries, which the spares were inside and warm. That flight seemed good, no issues... about 15-20 mins just low level flight getting a feel for the controller etc.... my hands were getting cold so I went in to warm up.. about 15 mins later I switched to my third battery and went outside to go again... got another battery error, then all seemed ok.. fly up for a few mins... then battery error then no connection error.. then mavic did a RTH automatically and hovered a few feet off the ground.. I manually was able to land it... yellow tail light was flashing. I am new to this an this scared me a bit but I need to figure out if its my error or something else.
Yes i do wait for good satellite connection and ready to fly before takeoff.
I can see the RC and the mavic have the same firmware version 3.1.1 however the battery firmware doesn't show up at least that I can find.
The DJI app doesn't auto load an update for the batteries as some have mentioned they need to be matched as well, and I don't know how to manually do an update for the batteries.
I want to try flying in airplane mode as I read that can be an issue.. it is dark weeknights by the time I get home this time of year (although the days are starting to get longer) so I may not get a chance until the weekend.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
here's a few txt flight logs I think were from the time of errors.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-01-15_[13-10-40][1].txt
    468.8 KB · Views: 4
  • DJIFlightRecord_2017-01-15_[12-51-17][1].txt
    9.9 KB · Views: 1
  • DJIFlightRecord_2017-01-15_[13-14-26][1].txt
    145.1 KB · Views: 0
Hi,

Got a simular problem yesterday. Have been using the Mavic since beginning of January without any problems. But yesterday it was difficult to connect and it disconnect after a little while. Looks like all my 3 batteries had same problems. All of them were fully charged. I tested tripod flight and suddenly it lost connection and started return home and nearly crached in some branches. In the sunshine it was +22c but in shaddow it was around 0c. All my flights earlier in january has been in simular temperatures and without any problems.

Reactions: Foxtrot Uniform
I burned through a couple batteries in airplane mode this morning and no issues. I wonder if with weather and news apps etc running in the background that they interfere with the signals. I see alot fly in much colder weather without issues so I'm somewhat ruling temperature effect a non issue. But in the meantime I'm staying in beginner mode for several more flights.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using MavicPilots mobile app

Same just happened to me, battery error and lost connection. Restarted app and took out controller to phone lead and reattached, got camera back and checked battery status while on. It was 36.6 degrees not sure if this is normal. Then I lost connection again and I had warning battery low at 25%, tried to land and wouldn't do it manually, no down stick command worked by which time battery went below i think 13% or so, then.... the worst bit it took off like a bat out out of hell to 'go home' seemed in sport mode and went off behind some trees. I thought I was going to find wreckage at best, but somehow it managed to find a spot reasonably ok and thankfully no damage. What I don't understand is the apparent loss of control and why it would land so far away. I think earlier I had recorded a home point as at controller. I wondering if fading light also had anything to do with it. Really nervous about going out again just now until I know what's gone on.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Same just happened to me, battery error and lost connection. Restarted app and took out controller to phone lead and reattached, got camera back and checked battery status while on. It was 36.6 degrees not sure if this is normal. Then I lost connection again and I had warning battery low at 25%, tried to land and wouldn't do it manually, no down stick command worked by which time battery went below i think 13% or so, then.... the worst bit it took off like a bat out out of hell to 'go home' seemed in sport mode and went off behind some trees. I thought I was going to find wreckage at best, but somehow it managed to find a spot reasonably ok and thankfully no damage. What I don't understand is the apparent loss of control and why it would land so far away. I think earlier I had recorded a home point as at controller. I wondering if fading light also had anything to do with it. Really nervous about going out again just now until I know what's gone on.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Flew a couple more flights this afternoon.. even took out of beginners mode.. happy to report no issues since switching to airplane mode.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky