DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Error Fix

L

Lon Denard

Hey guys, I figured this out the other day after my drone failed during the update and I had two center leds stuck on my battery. Drone proclaimed inconsistent firmware and I had to complete the update using another battery.

"Bad" battery was fully charged to begin with so all the charging in the world won't change anything. However, the app thinks the battery was under 50% so it wouldn't perform the update. What to do?

DJI Assistant to the rescue! Hahaha! Download it if you haven't already...yea why haven't you downloaded it anyway? Sign in/register and what not. Put the offending battery in, connect your drone to the computer-your Mavic should come up and update it. I personally went ahead and redid the entire update just to be sure! Then I double checked my other batteries while I was in there, why not?

I figured this out by myself and I've used that battery at least 3 times since I did it so I'm more than confident that I fixed it. I have no idea why DJI hasn't told you guys this instead of giving you new batteries but whatever. Maybe I'll drop them a line and see if I can score a free battery! Hahaha! I mean it'll save them thousands if everyone knows there's an easy fix.

Hope this helps!

Hey guys, I figured this out the other day after my drone failed during the update and I had two center leds stuck on my battery. Drone proclaimed inconsistent firmware and I had to complete the update using another battery.

"Bad" battery was fully charged to begin with so all the charging in the world won't change anything. However, the app thinks the battery was under 50% so it wouldn't perform the update. What to do?

DJI Assistant to the rescue! Hahaha! Download it if you haven't already...yea why haven't you downloaded it anyway? Sign in/register and what not. Put the offending battery in, connect your drone to the computer-your Mavic should come up and update it. I personally went ahead and redid the entire update just to be sure! Then I double checked my other batteries while I was in there, why not?

I figured this out by myself and I've used that battery at least 3 times since I did it so I'm more than confident that I fixed it. I have no idea why DJI hasn't told you guys this instead of giving you new batteries but whatever. Maybe I'll drop them a line and see if I can score a free battery! Hahaha! I mean it'll save them thousands if everyone knows there's an easy fix.

Hope this helps!

This should of been a common sense thing for us to try, I just this Saturday experienced my first battery issue. So I'm doing what you just suggested, instead of calling dji. Awesome thinking, instead of crying like a baby (me) you found a way to fix it! Great work buddy thanks for sharing

This should of been a common sense thing for us to try, I just this Saturday experienced my first battery issue. So I'm doing what you just suggested, instead of calling dji. Awesome thinking, instead of crying like a baby (me) you found a way to fix it! Great work buddy thanks for sharing

Well hopefully it works for you! It's not that big a deal, I just realized that the app wouldn't let me update with the bad battery because it wasn't seeing the correct voltage. Trust me I tried it a couple times before on the app before I had my epiphany!

My problem is that NO LEDs are showing, so how can the Assistant software detect and connect to the Mavic??

I tried to use the assistant but cuz battery is lower than 50% it still didn't fix the problem, but using the assistant to try and fix it is still a good idea. Stuff is already broken or not working correctly so might as well try everything.

My battery has one blinking light and the drone shows as up to date in DJI Assistant 2. Tried a refresh, no luck. Maybe when the next firmware update comes out.

Reactions: radman
One blinking light is indicating flat. Put on charge and leave.

The 1st cell is about 3.69v and each other cell is like 3.90v

I think that may be the issue

We will see. I drained it to like 7%. Letting it cool overnight then will charge it to full, cool again, charge further then try it out.

R

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998