DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Battery Error" -- UH OH!

dwallersv

Reactions
Got "Battery Error" displayed on the RC display. Scared the crap out of me, of course, I was a tad over 1000 feet away, came back and landed immediately without incident. The error message went away pretty quickly while I was coming back, replaced with the standard "GPS Mode".

I set that battery aside, popped in another, and did my longest flight ever -- out 11,000ft (just a tad over 2 miles).

Anyway, anyone know how I find out what the problem was? Was the trigger for this warning logged anywhere with more detail? It's a brand-new battery (first flight), and now I'm afraid to use it.

Got "Battery Error" displayed on the RC display. Scared the crap out of me, of course, I was a tad over 1000 feet away, came back and landed immediately without incident. The error message went away pretty quickly while I was coming back, replaced with the standard "GPS Mode".

I set that battery aside, popped in another, and did my longest flight ever -- out 11,000ft (just a tad over 2 miles).

Anyway, anyone know how I find out what the problem was? Was the trigger for this warning logged anywhere with more detail? It's a brand-new battery (first flight), and now I'm afraid to use it.

What was the text exactly? You can replay the flight using go4 and see it and/or upload the file stored on your interface (phone/tablet) to airdata.com and post the link here so we can identify the issue.
Mostly it would be related to overcurrent due to a fast forward+climb pulling amps out the battery and not cooling sufficiently because of the AoA (angle of attack).
When you get this message you gotta ease down on the drone for a bit then all should be ok.

full sticks up in sport mode?
Ahhhhh..... didn't know these batteries were that weak. Anyone know their C rating? I get that there simply may not be a LiHV possible that could deliver the amps in that formfactor/voltage/etc. but if it was simply a cost consideration I'm a scosch pissed off about it.

What was the text exactly? You can replay the flight using go4 and see it and/or upload the file stored on your interface (phone/tablet) to airdata.com and post the link here so we can identify the issue.
Mostly it would be related to overcurrent due to a fast forward+climb pulling amps out the battery and not cooling sufficiently because of the AoA (angle of attack).
When you get this message you gotta ease down on the drone for a bit then all should be ok.
Yeah, that was it. I was ascending and driving forward in Sport Mode pedal to the metal. Never had this happen on my P4, so I have a habit that's bad for the Mavic. Now that I know, I know what to do, and also that that battery's probably A-OK.

Anything more I should do to verify the cause, and the health of the battery?

Yeah, that was it. I was ascending and driving forward in Sport Mode pedal to the metal. Never had this happen on my P4, so I have a habit that's bad for the Mavic. Now that I know, I know what to do, and also that that battery's probably A-OK.

Anything more I should do to verify the cause, and the health of the battery?

No, not really. Just make sure the error is something like i described and not something more critical. Do a full flight using that battery and stay close id say.
Mavic is no racer, the motors are designed for endurance so a bit underpowered. If you see the tiny ESC's inside you d be surprized it can actually do what it does. Beautiful engineering in my opinion. The battery is not weak, its just a combination of stuff. The errors/warnings have a buffer to make the mavic foolproof to some extent. I also had to learn easing down flying the Mavic between 3d heli sessions.

Got the same issue, only mine is permanent. Check the battery stats in Go4. If one of the cells shows a different voltage by more than 0.1v then the battery is going bad. When the difference is higher, it will trigger the error. Note that if you get the error before you take off it will automatically turn off the engines and refuse to lift.

I'm in the process of getting DJI to replace mine.

Did DJI replace?

Had "Battery ERR" on RC and screen said cell was broken. DJI phone and chat did nothing but waste my time and said they wouldn't replace because it was after 6 months .

Worst company ever. Had really high hopes. Should have known when I pre purchased and they delayed by 2 months. Will never buy DJI again.

Did DJI replace?

Had "Battery ERR" on RC and screen said cell was broken. DJI phone and chat did nothing but waste my time and said they wouldn't replace because it was after 6 months .

Worst company ever. Had really high hopes. Should have known when I pre purchased and they delayed by 2 months. Will never buy DJI again.

I ve had nothing but excellent experience by dji warranty and also repair. Never chat/call. Use mail instead, much more structured and traceable.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent