DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery error

buddhablas

Reactions
Hi.

I tried updating my mavic to the 01.03.0900 firmware. My battery was approximately 60% and my controller and phone were both 100% charged. Somehow the update stopped, the status light on the drone turned solid red and the two middle lights on the battery are the only ones that are on. The middle lights on the battery flash every 30 second. The battery could not be powered off and I was afraid to leave the drone with a battery that did not behave naturally, so I removed it while it was still powered on. The battery is still on, even though it is not connected to anything.

Anyone else experienced this and know what to do?

Martin

Hi.

I tried updating my mavic to the 01.03.0900 firmware. My battery was approximately 60% and my controller and phone were both 100% charged. Somehow the update stopped, the status light on the drone turned solid red and the two middle lights on the battery are the only ones that are on. The middle lights on the battery flash every 30 second. The battery could not be powered off and I was afraid to leave the drone with a battery that did not behave naturally, so I removed it while it was still powered on. The battery is still on, even though it is not connected to anything.

Anyone else experienced this and know what to do?

Martin
This just happened to me a couple of days ago. I am currently having a back and forth email conversation with DJI support on the matter but have not made much progress. They want my proof of purchase but I lost my receipt shortly after purchasing my original mavic. (The one I have now is a replacement from DJI) I will reply back when I get more information.

It sounds like it was updating your battery as well and you have interrupted the process.
When battery update takes place only the two center lights on battery are lit and Flash during the update.

It sounds like it was updating your battery as well and you have interrupted the process.
When battery update takes place only the two center lights on lights on battery are lit and Flash during the update.
It happened to me during a failed update of the mavic itself. It's sad that these things are so finicky.

It sounds like you interrupted the battery being updated. You may have very well bricked the battery. I would plug it in and try the update again.

Looks like I'm going to be sending my battery in. I suggest you go ahead and start a ticket on the DJI website to get the process going.

Hate to say it but you will have to send it in. I am in the process of getting mine. It's been a month since they received it and approved for replacement...

Just bought my mavi pro 5 days ago and I have constantly a battery err. I have not been able to fly it!!!!! :(
Should I update the battery? How to do that?

Just bought my mavi pro 5 days ago and I have constantly a battery err. I have not been able to fly it!!!!! :(
Should I update the battery? How to do that?

Am I too late?

Hopefully, you have a computer. Download DJI Assistant 2. Log in/register blah, blah, blah. Put the faulty battery in your Mavic and connect it to the computer. The Mavic should come up, click on it and update it. You can even start all over if you didn't have a spare battery to complete the update of your drone. The app won't let you do it because it thinks you have less than 50% battery. Hope this helps.

Btw if you do have spare batteries that haven't been updated, do them as well. It will say "inconsistent firmware" or something like that. You'd think DJI could have just told you guys this instead of having you send the batteries back. I figured it out on my own for God's sake.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998