DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery firmware update

If Updating Firmware from Controller and DJI FLY app:
When powering up with subsequent batteries, after the first battery updated the MA2 firmware, wait about 2-4 minutes for the firmware update message to appear.

If updating by connecting to your computer and running DJI Assistant 2:
Powering up subsequent batteries immediately results in a message stating incompatible firmware versions (battery vs MA2 firmware), giving you the option to proceed with update or cancel.

If Updating Firmware from Controller and DJI FLY app:
When powering up with subsequent batteries, after the first battery updated the MA2 firmware, wait about 2-4 minutes for the firmware update message to appear.

If updating by connecting to your computer and running DJI Assistant 2:
Powering up subsequent batteries immediately results in a message stating incompatible firmware versions (battery vs MA2 firmware), giving you the option to proceed with update or cancel.

Is there a way to manually initiate the battery update instead of waiting?

With my DJI Fly, the battery updates usually appear on the intro screen, before going into camera view
That is where I have seen it last go around but not this time. I used Assistant to update the drone and controller.Thought maybe the battery used at that time was updated but I see nothing for the other two.
Thanks

Hi everyone,
Should we be seeing an alert to update the battery‘s firmware after latest MA2 firmware update? I don’t :-(
Thanks
How many batteries do you have. If it is only 1 it was done automatically during the main firmware update. The rest of your batteries will be done when you install in the drone. Just look for notification on the main page.

How many batteries do you have. If it is only 1 it was done automatically during the main firmware update. The rest of your batteries will be done when you install in the drone. Just look for notification on the main page.
3 batteries and I have installed the other 2 after updating firmware and didn’t get the notification

Reactions: Mitch
I used Assistant today, all went without a hitch. Simply powered down the MA2 after each battery completed and inserted the next one, powered up, Assistant then prompted.

Yep, on a Mac with Assistant 2 from the DJI site, MA2 downloads section. Used the cable which came with the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique