DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery fit issue

psybear

Reactions
Hi folks.

After damage sustained in a car accident, I recently had my M2P replaced by DJI and had to buy three new batteries. I've noticed that one of the new batteries sits noticeably 'proud' of the body when fitted - much more so than the other two new batteries or the three batteries I previously owned. It still clicks firmly into place, appears secure, and there is no obvious bulging. I tried it in a friends M2P and it's just the same.

I've raised it with DJI and (surprisingly given what they are like about returning dodgy batteries) they have asked me to return it for inspection - and it's on its way to them. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue?

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3

Hi folks.

After damage sustained in a car accident, I recently had my M2P replaced by DJI and had to buy three new batteries. I've noticed that one of the new batteries sits noticeably 'proud' of the body when fitted - much more so than the other two new batteries or the three batteries I previously owned. It still clicks firmly into place, appears secure, and there is no obvious bulging. I tried it in a friends M2P and it's just the same.

I've raised it with DJI and (surprisingly given what they are like about returning dodgy batteries) they have asked me to return it for inspection - and it's on its way to them. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue?

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Can you post a picture of the bottom of the battery as well ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain

Can you post a picture of the bottom of the battery as well ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain
Thanks for the response. Apologies, I thought I had posted a reply to this already from my phone, clearly it didn't post...

I've already sent the battery back and didn't take a pic of the bottom - but I had already had a good close look at it. Definitely no bulges, all looked regular.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Hope the car you hit with your drone was your own. ☺

That was kind of you to test out the questionable battery in a friends drone rather than your own. I've got some chewed up propellers that may or may not be good. Do you mind if we try them on your Mavic 2?

I didn't hit a car, the drone was in my car in an extremely serious head-on collision.

And I simply tried the fit of the battery, nothing else.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada